My Racehorse Entries/Results

tranquilo

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:16 pm

I guess I got lucky, I didn’t have any app issues this morning. Got my share of Enchante 21 and Sarrocchi 21 :D
HB1994

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:18 pm

Ein Gedi is entered in Tampa R8 on Saturday, an 8f MSW on turf.
Honor Code

Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:32 am

Results:
Above Suspicion finished 6th
Daddy's Joy finished 8th
Hero Status finished 4th
Naismith finished 1st
Psychedelic Shack finished 5th
Search Engine not entered
Sixtythreecaliber finished 1st in Comely Stakes (G3)
Tizamagician finished 5th in Native Diver (G3)
Vow finished 2nd

Entries: (so far)
Carrothers entered in Claiming at Gulfstream on 12/3
Ein Gedi entered in MSW at Tampa Bay Downs on 12/3
Lane Way entered in Stormy Liberal Stakes(Listed) at Del Mar on 12/3

Infinite Empire to Keeneland January HORA Sale
MRH now looking for stud options for Tizamagician after his finish in Native Diver. I hope he lands somewhere he will get the chance he deserves-there aren't any more sons of Tiznow in the pipeline

I did eventually manage to buy the two yearlings I liked. In the end, the app never let me-I had to use the website. Of course, people on Facebook were raging that they couldn't buy their choices at the appointed time. Guys, there's like 4000 shares of each. I'm sure there's more than enough for everyone, especially since horse racing is not exactly a thriving sport.
TapitsGal

Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:29 pm

Honor Code wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:32 am Results:
Above Suspicion finished 6th
Daddy's Joy finished 8th
Hero Status finished 4th
Naismith finished 1st
Psychedelic Shack finished 5th
Search Engine not entered
Sixtythreecaliber finished 1st in Comely Stakes (G3)
Tizamagician finished 5th in Native Diver (G3)
Vow finished 2nd

Entries: (so far)
Carrothers entered in Claiming at Gulfstream on 12/3
Ein Gedi entered in MSW at Tampa Bay Downs on 12/3
Lane Way entered in Stormy Liberal Stakes(Listed) at Del Mar on 12/3

Infinite Empire to Keeneland January HORA Sale
MRH now looking for stud options for Tizamagician after his finish in Native Diver. I hope he lands somewhere he will get the chance he deserves-there aren't any more sons of Tiznow in the pipeline

I did eventually manage to buy the two yearlings I liked. In the end, the app never let me-I had to use the website. Of course, people on Facebook were raging that they couldn't buy their choices at the appointed time. Guys, there's like 4000 shares of each. I'm sure there's more than enough for everyone, especially since horse racing is not exactly a thriving sport.
I got Secret Crush and the filly going to Kenny mcpeek. I was mostly annoyed that I had secret crush IN my basket and was about to cash out and the system crashed. I feel like people were mainly annoyed that this happens quite frequently when new offerings first come up for early access and mrh hasn't figured out how to fix the system yet so it doesn't keep crashing
HB1994

Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:48 pm

HB1994 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:18 pm Ein Gedi is entered in Tampa R8 on Saturday, an 8f MSW on turf.
Anybody going on Saturday? We won winner’s circle passes via the lottery—hope we get to use them.
GreyWay

Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:28 pm

Watched on TV, Carrothers run in R7 at Gulfstream.
He got away ok from the 1 post but dropped back & was at the tail of the field most of the trip.
He didn't look to be galloping kindly.
Also, apparently claimed.
GW
TapitsGal

Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:41 am

GreyWay wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:28 pm Watched on TV, Carrothers run in R7 at Gulfstream.
He got away ok from the 1 post but dropped back & was at the tail of the field most of the trip.
GW
Claimed by Clamp Embroidery who used to own white Abarrio. People say it's a small outfit that's low percentage when it comes to wins. There's a lot of people including myself who would have rather seen Carrothers retired than continue his career on. This is a horse who's shown over and over again his hearts no longer into racing. And the reason he didn't look like he was running great is because he was on turf. He's run on turf in the past and absolutely hates it. His preferred surface is synthetics
CoronadosQuest

Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:13 pm

TapitsGal wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:41 am
GreyWay wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:28 pm Watched on TV, Carrothers run in R7 at Gulfstream.
GW
Claimed by Clamp Embroidery who used to own white Abarrio. People say it's a small outfit that's low percentage when it comes to wins. There's a lot of people including myself who would have rather seen Carrothers retired than continue his career on. This is a horse who's shown over and over again his hearts no longer into racing. And the reason he didn't look like he was running great is because he was on turf. He's run on turf in the past and absolutely hates it. His preferred surface is synthetics
I was in the camp that I hoped he wasn't claimed so that MRH would just retire him. He just seems like a really difficult horse to figure out how to get the best from. That being said, he is so handsome, he would have made a lovely show pony for someone who could figure out his antics.
TapitsGal

Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:08 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:13 pm
TapitsGal wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:41 am
GW
I was in the camp that I hoped he wasn't claimed so that MRH would just retire him. He just seems like a really difficult horse to figure out how to get the best from. That being said, he is so handsome, he would have made a lovely show pony for someone who could figure out his antics.
I agree with you. I would've rather seen him retire. And I voiced that and someone was like "my racehorse can't keep an eye on and retire every horse they own. Racing is a business" and I was like I have been in racing for years and I understand it's a business. That being said my racehorse has a RESPONSIBILITY to every runner or former runner in their care to keep an eye out for the horse and at least TRY to intervene and find a retirement home for the horse when it's clear the horse no longer wants to run. And in general they do a pretty good job of upholding that responsibility to the horses in their care.

I would've loved to try Carrothers as an eventer and I know a couple of other shareholders expressed interest about reaching out to my Racehorse and offering to take him
TapitsGal

Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:33 pm

Ein Gedi is supplemented to join night combat at the keeneland January sale. She will race one more time in the meantime and they'll re-evaluate her sale status after. So that's ein geidi, night combat, always hopeful and infinite empire to be sold in January at keeneland. With two out of the three horses in the Chad Brown bundle now being sold off the bundle has really been a bust
TapitsGal

Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:23 pm

The final three name choices for the pioneerofthe nile Colt are in and ready to be voted on. I say three names because the top two names include a name that mrh submitted for a previous horse and had rejected so they said in the update that if that name choice wins this contest that they plan to try submitting it again while acknowledging that it will probably be rejected again. So I guess my question is why include a name in the final three choices you know will get rejected?
CoronadosQuest

Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:16 pm

TapitsGal wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:23 pm The final three name choices for the pioneerofthe nile Colt are in and ready to be voted on. I say three names because the top two names include a name that mrh submitted for a previous horse and had rejected so they said in the update that if that name choice wins this contest that they plan to try submitting it again while acknowledging that it will probably be rejected again. So I guess my question is why include a name in the final three choices you know will get rejected?
King of the Nile may get rejected too as there is already a King of Denile.
Diver52

Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:31 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:16 pm
TapitsGal wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:23 pm The final three name choices for the pioneerofthe nile Colt are in and ready to be voted on. I say three names because the top two names include a name that mrh submitted for a previous horse and had rejected so they said in the update that if that name choice wins this contest that they plan to try submitting it again while acknowledging that it will probably be rejected again. So I guess my question is why include a name in the final three choices you know will get rejected?
King of the Nile may get rejected too as there is already a King of Denile.
With any luck they'll all get rejected and it will start over! Honestly, I never saw such an unimaginative group of names--I wonder if MRH chooses safe, "whitebread" names for the vote list rather than anything edgy or that would have to be explained to the owners. :roll:
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
TapitsGal

Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:53 pm

Commonwealth has re-structured the way they will be offering shares in new horses and have developed a tier system. People will be able to purchase shares in the new horses with preference given to those who have spent the most $$$$ in Commonwealth:

Future offerings will roll out in waves of 24-hour windows:

Wave 1 | G1 Members: People that receive early access via their G1 Membership.(G1 membership is for those who wish to purchase at least 25-50 shares in a new offering)

Wave 2 | Early Access: Provided to any shareholder that has purchased $1,000 or more in shares across all Commonwealth offerings.

Wave 3 | Notify-Me List: Anybody who clicked "notify me" during an offering's preview window.

It seems to me like Commonwealth is looking to price out the "small shareholders" who only want to buy one share and cater to those who are willing to shell out more $$$$. Since Commonwealth announced this new structuring I've seen multiple people say they are done buying horses with Commonwealth since they'll be shut out quicker.

I've seen people propose that mrh needs to develop the same type of system if they "want to last longer than a year". People are saying that mrh current method of offering shares isn't sustainable and mrh won't last until 2024 if they don't switch things up. People are saying that mrh is struggling since the most recent batch of horses hasn't sold out.

My personal opinion is that Mrh is fine the way it's currently structured. I have zero interest in buying multiple shares in ANY horse nor do I have the hundreds or thousands of dollars set aside to do so. My Racehorse specifically developed edge racing for those who crave a higher ownership percentage and want a more "traditional" ownership style of racing. I love that mrh makes it affordable for people to buy into horses with great bloodlines and I hope they don't go the Commonwealth route and start out pricing those of us who don't have deep pockets. What do you guys think?
Slewfan2

Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:49 pm

TapitsGal wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:33 pm Ein Gedi is supplemented to join night combat at the keeneland January sale. She will race one more time in the meantime and they'll re-evaluate her sale status after. So that's ein geidi, night combat, always hopeful and infinite empire to be sold in January at keeneland. With two out of the three horses in the Chad Brown bundle now being sold off the bundle has really been a bust
I’m surprised they aren’t trying to sell Above Suspicion...
helmicmw

Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:20 pm

New to the forum but a long time racing fan. Just purchased Secret Crush from MRH and so excited to see if the pedigree of this horse comes to fruition with a great runner! What are some thoughts on the other new offerings by MRH and also interested to hear from other Secret Crush micro-owners about their thoughts on him.
CoronadosQuest

Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:51 pm

I bought into Secret Crush because I am a huge fan of Take Charge Lady :lol: Thats the sole reason.
Honor Code

Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:12 pm

Results:
Carrothers finished 7th(last) and was claimed
Ein Gedi finished 5th
Inspector finished 5th
Lane Way scratched

Entries
Cumberland Falls entered in MSW at Gulfstream on 12/11
Magical Ways probable for MSW at B at Aqueduct on 12/15
Quick Conversation probable for Claiming at Turfway on 12/14
Salute to America probable for Claiming at B at Aqueduct on 12/15
Search Engine entered in Allowance at Oaklawn on 12/11

Always Hopeful to Keeneland January HORA
Ein Gedi to Keeneland January HORA
Infinite Empire to Keeneland January HORA
Night Combat to Keeneland January HORA

Shared Empire(ex-MRH) being sold again at Keeneland January in foal to Frosted

I see a lot of people on Facebook upset about the sale or retirement of some of the horses. In many, MRH is not the only shareholder.

Picking racehorses is such a crapshoot. I'm with @CoronadosQuest: I picked Secret Crush because of his family. Sometimes, I pick a horse based on the pretty pony factor. All I can say is...they all seem like nice horses! Only time will tell.

@TapitsGal: Commonwealth seems to be intent on pricing themselves out of regular people-which may be their goal. We've all seen the people on Facebook. I'm not sure they want to deal with these people. That being said, I notice their business model is to take a lower ownership percentage of promising horses and market them so that their return rate is higher. But the second any of those horses drop to lower levels they sell out. So with Commonwealth, the horses look better and give a better return, but the "experience" time is lower. It all depends on what you're looking for.
Flanders

Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:06 pm

MRH is going to offer a Breeding syndicate in England. They have already bought the mare, Blackbird Power, and plan to breed her to Stradivarius. The mare and foal will be sold in 2024.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... in-england
20hayes20

Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:45 am

Ive Joined the breeding syndicate

Also M R H UK have purchased 2 horses to race out in the Bahrain series which started yesterday

Get It finished 5th yesterday only beaten 4 lengths by the winner the first four home all had low draw numbers while Get It was in stall 18 0f 18

He won his race on his side

The other horse to run is called Watchya he hasnt run yet

They will hopefully both race 3 or 4 times each and then return to the U K and race over here,

Hayes