Where do you think seize the grey will end up at stud?

TapitsGal

Sun May 19, 2024 9:00 pm

I've seen speculation in his owners group that spendthrift is a possibility. Ned Toffey was seen inspecting seize the grey after his Preakness win. Personally I'd be happy with any farm BUT spendthrift, coolmore or winstar. It'd be cool to see him go home to mill Ridge where he was foaled. Or a place like claiborne or hill n dale. Or darley.
Flanders

Sun May 19, 2024 9:25 pm

Spendthrift is part owners of Myracehorse. I'd be real shocked if he went anywhere else.
TapitsGal

Sun May 19, 2024 10:58 pm

Flanders wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:25 pm Spendthrift is part owners of Myracehorse. I'd be real shocked if he went anywhere else.
Nope. Spendthrift doesn't own mrh. They started to separate from mrh after B wayne Hughes died and are no longer partnering with them on horses. They just forced mrh to sell the last couple partner horses last week(man among men and forbidden kingdom). Michael behrens owns mrh but he's separate from Spendthrift
Flanders

Sun May 19, 2024 11:21 pm

TapitsGal wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:58 pm
Flanders wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:25 pm Spendthrift is part owners of Myracehorse. I'd be real shocked if he went anywhere else.
Nope. Spendthrift doesn't own mrh. They started to separate from mrh after B wayne Hughes died and are no longer partnering with them on horses. They just forced mrh to sell the last couple partner horses last week(man among men and forbidden kingdom). Michael behrens owns mrh but he's separate from Spendthrift
They bought an ownership stake in 2020 unless they've sold it since then.

https://pastthewire.com/myracehorse-joi ... rift-farm/
BaroqueAgain1

Mon May 20, 2024 4:20 am

Cave Rock's (Arrogate) full brother Assurbanipal just won a race in Japan. With Arrogate having established his stallion cred pretty well, would the Japanese want to acquire a colt like StG?
ForTheThrill

Mon May 20, 2024 5:20 pm

I bet he stays stateside. I would guess Spendthrift would snag him (ugh) but I'd really prefer Lane's End, Claiborne, or Hill N Dale.
Flanders

Mon May 20, 2024 5:33 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:20 am Cave Rock's (Arrogate) full brother Assurbanipal just won a race in Japan. With Arrogate having established his stallion cred pretty well, would the Japanese want to acquire a colt like StG?
I would guess they would love to. The thing is, the US doesn't tend to sell commercially popular stallions to Japan. They buy the ones that are overlooked for the non-commercial pedigrees, like Bricks and Mortar, Mind Your Biscuits, Firenze Fire, Hot Rod Charlie, etc.
Northport

Mon May 20, 2024 8:18 pm

If Seize the Grey is anywhere except Spendthrift in 2025 I will be very shocked. American breeders are not letting a classic winning son of Arrogate start his stallion career overseas.
weeeeeeeee
KatieK101

Tue May 21, 2024 11:16 am

Perhaps Juddmonte? Since they stood Arroagate, I imagine they would want at least one of his sons to carry on his legacy. With Arcangelo already at Lane’s End and Cave Rock’s unfortunate passing, there isn’t a guarantee that Arrogate will get another G1 winning son.

(Although I would be surprised if he doesn’t.)

I do agree that Spendthrift is very likely.
CoronadosQuest

Tue May 21, 2024 11:29 am

KatieK101 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:16 am Perhaps Juddmonte? Since they stood Arroagate, I imagine they would want at least one of his sons to carry on his legacy. With Arcangelo already at Lane’s End and Cave Rock’s unfortunate passing, there isn’t a guarantee that Arrogate will get another G1 winning son.

Juddmonte has Dragoon Guard, who is a grandson to Flute. He is a late starter (just broke his maiden on his second start after he debuted in September but was off until late April) but he sure is beautiful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keVZ5WSaEVY <~ his maiden win at Keeneland on April 21st
KatieK101

Tue May 21, 2024 11:39 am

CoronadosQuest wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:29 am
KatieK101 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:16 am Perhaps Juddmonte? Since they stood Arroagate, I imagine they would want at least one of his sons to carry on his legacy. With Arcangelo already at Lane’s End and Cave Rock’s unfortunate passing, there isn’t a guarantee that Arrogate will get another G1 winning son.

Juddmonte has Dragoon Guard, who is a grandson to Flute. He is a late starter (just broke his maiden on his second start after he debuted in September but was off until late April) but he sure is beautiful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keVZ5WSaEVY <~ his maiden win at Keeneland on April 21st
That’s a good point, I didn’t even consider that Juddmonte would just stand one of his sons that they already have. Hopefully Dragoon Guard will win them some stakes races down the line!

Do they have any more of his sons that you know of?
Nenikikamen23

Tue May 21, 2024 1:06 pm

KatieK101 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:39 am
CoronadosQuest wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:29 am

That’s a good point, I didn’t even consider that Juddmonte would just stand one of his sons that they already have. Hopefully Dragoon Guard will win them some stakes races down the line!

Do they have any more of his sons that you know of?
Juddmonte has BTW Artorius, who recently won for the first time since obtaining that black-type win. They also have the exciting colt Suncroft
A is for Arrogate, A is for absolute superstar, A is for anointing
Northport

Tue May 21, 2024 5:47 pm

Juddmonte doesnt stand stallions that they havent raced.
weeeeeeeee
Akitaperson

Wed May 22, 2024 8:07 pm

My guess is Spendthrift but who they'd dump off there roster to make space I have no idea and who knows how long he'd stay there either
brunanas

Wed May 22, 2024 8:45 pm

Akitaperson wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:07 pm My guess is Spendthrift but who they'd dump off there roster to make space I have no idea and who knows how long he'd stay there either
there was a thread for this last year and there will be another after the September Yearling sale, but right now, i'm sure Coal Front gets the boot, i'm honestly surprised he even stayed for 2024. the thing is, the other possible rejects imo don't have foals of racing age yet, i don't know if Spendthrift has ever sold stallions without them having 2yos on the track. but they'd be Basin and By My Standards, they both currently have their first yearlings. but their sales and book numbers are bad on Spendthrift standards. i guess maybe Jimmy Creed could end up sold too?
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
Akitaperson

Fri May 24, 2024 3:25 pm

brunanas wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:45 pm
Akitaperson wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:07 pm My guess is Spendthrift but who they'd dump off there roster to make space I have no idea and who knows how long he'd stay there either
there was a thread for this last year and there will be another after the September Yearling sale, but right now, i'm sure Coal Front gets the boot, i'm honestly surprised he even stayed for 2024. the thing is, the other possible rejects imo don't have foals of racing age yet, i don't know if Spendthrift has ever sold stallions without them having 2yos on the track. but they'd be Basin and By My Standards, they both currently have their first yearlings. but their sales and book numbers are bad on Spendthrift standards. i guess maybe Jimmy Creed could end up sold too?

And with spendthrift (least to my memory) they never dump just one stallion, and usually the amount they dump is the number they bring in.