Stolen horses, allegedly

stelladaniella

Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:50 pm

Every now and then I stumble across pq pages where horses are alleged to be stolen.. so I was gonna start this thread to fact check if it actually happened or if someone just has too much time on their hands, as well as track down the horses if their current location is unknown.

1. Flower Alley - Distorted Humor x Princess Olivia
His pq page used to say in 2015 "stolen and sent to Wilgerbosdrift Stud, SAF until 2018" but is now updated to say sold instead, with a link to his last known stud location.

2. Zazu - by Tapit o/o Rhumb Line.Pq says;
"foaled February 24, 2008
FTKNOV08: $100K; KEESEP09: $285K
KEENOV12 $2.1-million (stolen and sold to Katsumi Yoshida)"

These are the only two I can think of right now that I outright remember having allegedly been stolen, but if anyone else has any horses they wanna clarify location, feel free to post in this thread.
"until you go to Kentucky and with your own eyes behold the Derby, you ain't never been nowhere and you ain't seen nothing!"
sweettalk

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:59 pm

likely bitter fans that lashed out when they were sold. the fact that a quick Google search disproves their claim makes me wonder how dumb they thought we were, lol. here's what i have, if it helps;

flower alley has this article, which had he been stolen, would have gained huge attention for that fact;
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -in-africa

zazu has this, were she stolen this would be where you'd recover her;
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -keeneland
stelladaniella

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:27 pm

Just what I expected.. ;)
"until you go to Kentucky and with your own eyes behold the Derby, you ain't never been nowhere and you ain't seen nothing!"
Flanders

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:39 pm

Agree with sweettalk. Just some mentally ill person(aka obsessed fan) that doesn't understand that horses can be sold to whoever pays for them.
stelladaniella wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:50 pm His pq page used to say in 2015 "stolen and sent to Wilgerbosdrift Stud, SAF until 2018" but is now updated to say sold instead, with a link to his last known stud location.
I freaking hate the until (year), that someone does on PQ. Just because most of the time, the horses never left that country, it just happens to be (year) when they updated it. So it makes it seem like the horse left that country at some point but most horses can't be updated now because of weirdos. I've also seen "shuttled to X country until (year)" and it wasn't a shuttle and the stallion never left. I personally haven't seen stolen or I don't remember seeing it. There used to be a max character write up on Galileo's that said he was a terribly bad stallion because he didn't succeed in Australia the few years he shuttled. I deleted it because it was stupid af. :lol:
CoronadosQuest

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:48 pm

The Zazu one is probably someone who is really hateful that she was sold to Japan.
Flanders

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:06 pm

Or I just remembered maybe they thought that Zazou was Zazu. Zazou was stolen in the Czech Republic last year and never heard anything about that again.
stelladaniella

Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:58 am

Flanders wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:39 pm Agree with sweettalk. Just some mentally ill person(aka obsessed fan) that doesn't understand that horses can be sold to whoever pays for them.
stelladaniella wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:50 pm His pq page used to say in 2015 "stolen and sent to Wilgerbosdrift Stud, SAF until 2018" but is now updated to say sold instead, with a link to his last known stud location.
I freaking hate the until (year), that someone does on PQ. Just because most of the time, the horses never left that country, it just happens to be (year) when they updated it. So it makes it seem like the horse left that country at some point but most horses can't be updated now because of weirdos. I've also seen "shuttled to X country until (year)" and it wasn't a shuttle and the stallion never left. I personally haven't seen stolen or I don't remember seeing it. There used to be a max character write up on Galileo's that said he was a terribly bad stallion because he didn't succeed in Australia the few years he shuttled. I deleted it because it was stupid af. :lol:
Some people. :lol: On Flower Alleys site, it used to say he was stolen and sold to South Africa. Someone else updated it and said they need to provide proof the horse was stolen. It turned into a whole argument on his page which was then deleted to just say he was sold to SA.