Drew's Gold and Congrats

stelladaniella

Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:19 am

Drew's Gold was foaled 2020 and placed in several stakes, according to Woodford Tb's (his breeder) he stood at Hill N Dale but I have no memory of that. He has an export on file and his owner is listed as Stuart Tsujimoto and James K. Chapman

Congrats is pensioned and said to live out his life as a retiree at Woodford Thoroughbreds (per Pedigreequery), but is there any word on how he's doing out there? Or is he still at Winstar?
"until you go to Kentucky and with your own eyes behold the Derby, you ain't never been nowhere and you ain't seen nothing!"
brunanas

Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:46 am

i think the wording is just confusing — Woodford meant that Drew's Gold's sire Violence stands at Hill n' Dale. he was sold privately to race in Dubai/Saudi and was supposedly targetting races there early this year including the DWC meeting. but i have to assume the export was to Dubai/Saudi anyways.

Clapton, Drew's Gold Gear Up for Dubai
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -for-dubai

Drew's Gold hasn't started since a fifth-place finish in the H. Allen Jerkens Memorial Stakes (G1) at Saratoga Race Course in August while under the care of trainer James Chapman. Like his stablemate, the colt will also prep for the Dubai World Cup Carnival at Meydan, with an expected start in the Al Shinadgha Sprint (G3) Jan. 26. Although the race serves as a steppingstone for the March 30 $2 million Dubai Golden Shaheen (G1), Summers mentioned that Drew's Gold could be a candidate for the Feb. 25 Riyadh Dirt Sprint (G3) in Saudi Arabia "if everything went perfect."
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
Flanders

Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:36 am

Woodford got sold very recently and renamed. In that article they said that Congrats would remain at the farm. They didn't say anything else but was in this article:

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... s-woodford