First Mirage

Flanders

Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:16 pm

So this is going to be a big ask and probably no real answer but I still want to ask. I was looking at a pedigree and I saw Classy Cathy and it triggered a memory. Of course it wasn't related to her, just another horse with Classy in their name.

In the early/mid-90s, the mare First Mirage produced 2 G1SWing sprinters from 4 foals, Missy's Mirage(I remember her because of her high price yearling Sasha's Prospect) and Classy Mirage, who won the Ballerina(she produced G1 Dublin). I can't remember exactly what happened to First Mirage, I think a rough foaling, something that prevented her from being able to carry a foal to full term. Because embryo transfer isn't allowed in TBs and she was such a good producer of sprinters, her owner decided to use her in embryo transfer for QHs. She had at least 2 if allbreedpedigree is to be believed. I remember Lukas buying the one and then apparently he sold her the following year. Does anyone know if she had more than that? Or how her foals did as racing QHs? Or even those daughters foals? Only the one has foals listed on there. I just have no idea where to search for race records for AQHA horses or if its even possible to do so for free.

I tried using allbreedpedigree, there are just so many fake horses. I don't know what is real. And I've noticed that is becoming from prevalent on pedigreequery since they removed the option to delete horses fake and duplicate horses after someone deleted Secretariat.
Psychotic Parakeet

Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:40 pm

She produced a few Thoroughbred foals, but only one registered Quarter Horse foal. She kept coming up barren after foaling a Seattle Slew colt in 1994. She foaled a filly named Justa Dance by Royal Quick Dash. Her race record is on Equibase for free, if interested to look up.
I wanna do bad things with you.
Flanders

Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:38 pm

Psychotic Parakeet wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:40 pm She produced a few Thoroughbred foals, but only one registered Quarter Horse foal. She kept coming up barren after foaling a Seattle Slew colt in 1994. She foaled a filly named Justa Dance by Royal Quick Dash. Her race record is on Equibase for free, if interested to look up.
Thanks! Yeah the article I remember reading, probably in TB Times, was about how First Mirage couldn't carry foals to term anymore because of some issue. But they only did the article after the filly was born to the recipient mare and Lukas bought her. I didn't know if they had transferred more.

However I did just find one of Justa Dance's grandsons at stud and there is a pedigree report. So can at least see some of what she and her daughters produced.

https://stallionesearch.com/prod46/FlyOnDown.htm