Big Returns

Psychotic Parakeet

Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:47 pm

He is a son of the recently-deceased Mr. Big o/o Quick Chick by Orientate. Bred by George Krikorian, owned by William Peeples while racing, and trained by Doug O'Neill.

He covered mares in 2023, but where at? He is not listed on the 2023 RMB via the Jockey Club searchable database either. DNA and RMB are listed as pending on the JC record. No export on-file. BH does not have him listed through their stallion registry. Tried looking through the CTBA's 2023 and 2024 stallion directories, and he is not listed there either. Same for WA, OR, AZ, NM, CO, FL, and PA. Looked through the stallions now online classified website, and not there. Thank you for any leads!
I wanna do bad things with you.
Flanders

Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:07 pm

If his DNA is pending, they wont accept the RMB. He'll never show up on the 2023 RMB because of this, as they don't add on if it wasn't received in time. If they get his DNA done, he might show up on the Breeding stats when they release them in late September/early October. Maybe just standing private?
Psychotic Parakeet

Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:39 pm

Flanders wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:07 pm If his DNA is pending, they wont accept the RMB. He'll never show up on the 2023 RMB because of this, as they don't add on if it wasn't received in time. If they get his DNA done, he might show up on the Breeding stats when they release them in late September/early October. Maybe just standing private?
Interesting. Thank you. I thought each Thoroughbred had to submit a DNA sample not too long after birth?
I wanna do bad things with you.
Flanders

Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:04 pm

Psychotic Parakeet wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:39 pm
Flanders wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:07 pm If his DNA is pending, they wont accept the RMB. He'll never show up on the 2023 RMB because of this, as they don't add on if it wasn't received in time. If they get his DNA done, he might show up on the Breeding stats when they release them in late September/early October. Maybe just standing private?
Interesting. Thank you. I thought each Thoroughbred had to submit a DNA sample not too long after birth?
They do but then when a horse is going to be a stallion he must be re-DNA typed.

Edit: I should have wrote that better. A first year stallion has to be re-RNA typed, its one of the registry rules.