Triple Tap

Akitaperson

Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:01 pm

I'm sure he's still at summer wind. But he went there for some rest 2 years ago and basically went poof. Anyone have any idea what's going on with him?
brunanas

Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:08 pm

i would be very surprised if he isn't retired. he hasn't raced since May 2022 (and only had 1 work after said race, also in May/22). i don't think they'll "risk" bringing him back with his pedigree (hard to believe he doesn't have any issues if he has been "resting" for one year and a half). now whether or not he goes to stud (because i am SURE someone would take him), no idea. he doesn't have an export on file and is still assigned to Jane Lyon. perhaps asking them on FB would get you a proper answer though.
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
Akitaperson

Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:11 pm

brunanas wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:08 pm i would be very surprised if he isn't retired. he hasn't raced since May 2022 (and only had 1 work after said race, also in May/22). i don't think they'll "risk" bringing him back with his pedigree (hard to believe he doesn't have any issues if he has been "resting" for one year and a half). now whether or not he goes to stud (because i am SURE someone would take him), no idea. he doesn't have an export on file and is still assigned to Jane Lyon. perhaps asking them on FB would get you a proper answer though.

I looked at the jockey club mares bred report and hes not been bred to anyone
brunanas

Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:12 pm

PS: i searched on Twitter and the last update on him (at least searching "Triple Tap Summer Wind") is from when Jenine Sahadi went at someone because they had asked where he was and iirc there was no response from the farm (thought they were never quoted). but again, i'm sure he is at the farm still and very likely retired but idk what future plans are and that only Jane can answer.
she/her
brunanas

Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:13 pm

Akitaperson wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:11 pm
brunanas wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:08 pm i would be very surprised if he isn't retired. he hasn't raced since May 2022 (and only had 1 work after said race, also in May/22). i don't think they'll "risk" bringing him back with his pedigree (hard to believe he doesn't have any issues if he has been "resting" for one year and a half). now whether or not he goes to stud (because i am SURE someone would take him), no idea. he doesn't have an export on file and is still assigned to Jane Lyon. perhaps asking them on FB would get you a proper answer though.

I looked at the jockey club mares bred report and hes not been bred to anyone
if he is eventually a stallion we'll definitely hear about it, so no shock to me that he doesn't have a RMB.
she/her
Flanders

Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:32 pm

Probably like the other one that she has there. Theprinceofthebes? Just hanging out on the farm, hoping for a stallion deal.
Nenikikamen23

Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:17 am

Any news yet?
A is for Arrogate, A is for absolute superstar, A is for anointing
Flanders

Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:43 am

Nenikikamen23 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:17 am Any news yet?
Multiple people have asked Summer Wind on Twitter over the last year. They don't respond. The last time anything about him was officially posted by them was in 2022 and he was at their farm. He was never sent back to the track, as far as I know, after that point. His digital cert. is still assigned to Jane Lyon.
BaroqueAgain1

Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:47 pm

Nice photos, but they don't really tell us what the plans are for him. Or whether he's still intact or has been gelded. :?
He's a handsome horse with a fine pedigree, so maybe he will end up at some regional farm (if Jane doesn't stand him herself)?
sweettalk

Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:18 pm

yeah, was hoping for more than "alive" tho lately, that's a pretty huge relief. looks great, too.
CoronadosQuest

Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:34 pm

He is still intact in the Jockey Club. I assume if he was gelded, they would have to report that right? Or could they geld him and not tell the JC? He is so gorgeous though. I can understand wanting to see him outside my window :lol:
Flanders

Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:37 pm

They don't have to report it, only if he was racing. But back when he was racing, Jane Lyon said Theprinceofthebes was at her farm and was intact. Then she said something like if someone wanted to stand him to contact her. I almost feel like she loves Emma and her foals so much, she doesn't want to part with them. When any of them have been with a trainer she is always sending them home for vacations. Or Chasing Yesterday was retired because she didn't want her to leave to go back to racing. And its all fine, they are her horses, she can do what she wants. Part of me just wonders if that is why they have all raced so little or are unraced. I don't think the 3yo has even posted a workout.