Photos/News about Broodmares

Eohippus

Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:50 pm

Flanders wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:40 pm
Eohippus wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:39 pm Am very interested to see Justify’s book. I am low key worried about Coolmore overbreeding him . That said imagine what his future crops will look like considering the amount of quality mares he’s getting
I think you can be full worried. The one article said his book is closed. What is closed for Coolmore? 400?
I’m sure if someone offers enough money they’ll open up.

I wasn’t the biggest fan of the horse, but I really am concerned about his health, he was never sound and if laminitis doesn’t get him the strain on his back will. Have any prominent equine veterinarians ever spoken out against the practice of excessively large books?
Flanders

Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:12 pm

Eohippus wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:50 pm
Flanders wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:40 pm
Eohippus wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:39 pm Am very interested to see Justify’s book. I am low key worried about Coolmore overbreeding him . That said imagine what his future crops will look like considering the amount of quality mares he’s getting
I think you can be full worried. The one article said his book is closed. What is closed for Coolmore? 400?
I’m sure if someone offers enough money they’ll open up.

I wasn’t the biggest fan of the horse, but I really am concerned about his health, he was never sound and if laminitis doesn’t get him the strain on his back will. Have any prominent equine veterinarians ever spoken out against the practice of excessively large books?
I doubt it. They'd be ostracized from the racing community.
Flanders

Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:21 pm

https://paulickreport.com/features/bloo ... -australia

The writer talks about Miss Andretti who is now pensioned. He seems to have trouble with Southern Hemisphere vs Northern Hemisphere. Her last foal was born in September 2023 so is a weanling Star Witness filly, not a 2yo. She does have an unnamed 2yo filly by Shamus Award. She had a foal her first year, don't know why it says she didn't have a foal her first 2 years. She was retired and bred in 2008, producing a 2009 colt. Her broodmare career was plagued with issues and she produced 6 foals total.

Guess nothing ever came of the AI accusations a few years ago, as her name was thrown about then.
Squeaky

Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:14 pm

Updated photos of Zenyatta and her War Front filly from Lanes End https://x.com/lanesendfarms/status/1755 ... 70005?s=46
brunanas

Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:56 pm

if i had to see it, y'all also have to see it. sorry not sorry.

this mare is a full to Quiet Dance and is selling i/f to Mo Town with no reserve @ Fasig Digital to "satisfy unpaid board bills". help.
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
Danniwolfe

Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:05 pm

brunanas wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:56 pm if i had to see it, y'all also have to see it. sorry not sorry.

this mare is a full to Quiet Dance and is selling i/f to Mo Town with no reserve @ Fasig Digital to "satisfy unpaid board bills". help.
God what the heck. Those legs straighter than I am
Just riding through life one shaky canter stride at a time
BaroqueAgain1

Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:18 pm

The front left hoof/fetlock appears deformed, and in dire need of therapeutic farrier work. Poor girl. :shock:
Last edited by BaroqueAgain1 on Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akitaperson

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:59 pm

brunanas wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:56 pm if i had to see it, y'all also have to see it. sorry not sorry.

Breeding that mare is the definition of greed
RugbyGirl

Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:16 am

26yo Melbourne Cup winner Ethereal (Rhythm) looks incredible in this pic taken this week

story https://www.racingnews.co.nz/champion-m ... ll-strong/
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
Danniwolfe

Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:33 pm

What could Mike be talking about? I'm glad they have strict rules set in place(that's even if they do. J don't believe a word coming out of this dudes mouth)

https://twitter.com/RepoleStable/status ... ehr2uMyZxY
Ziggypop

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:38 am

Akitaperson wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:59 pm

who currently owns her?

Breeding that mare is the definition of greed
And yes it is greedy and cruel.
HB1994

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:30 am

Danniwolfe wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:33 pm What could Mike be talking about? I'm glad they have strict rules set in place(that's even if they do. J don't believe a word coming out of this dudes mouth)

Repole is neatly ignoring the fact that the U.S. industry has been plundering stallions and broodmares from Europe from the get-go. What if Lady Angela or Nasrullah had not been imported? No Nothern Dancer or Bold Ruler.

Of course, he wants to restrict free trade when it forces HIM to spend more at auctions.
Akitaperson

Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:32 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:18 pm The front left hoof/fetlock appears deformed, and in dire need of therapeutic farrier work. Poor girl. :shock:

According to her ad it affects her mobility. I just hope whoever the heck buys her does the right thing and either attempts to fix the leg or puts her down (yes I know she's in foal)
Akitaperson

Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:34 pm

HB1994 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:30 am
Danniwolfe wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:33 pm What could Mike be talking about? I'm glad they have strict rules set in place(that's even if they do. J don't believe a word coming out of this dudes mouth)

Repole is neatly ignoring the fact that the U.S. industry has been plundering stallions and broodmares from Europe from the get-go. What if Lady Angela or Nasrullah had not been imported? No Nothern Dancer or Bold Ruler.

Of course, he wants to restrict free trade when it forces HIM to spend more at auctions.

Not to mention there's stallions who floundered at stud in the states who found a foot hold in Japan or wherever they were sent
Private Thoughts

Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:14 pm

I agree with his tweet 100%.

Japan does make it difficult and for good reason, they want their champions and offspring to stay in Japan. How many stallions in Japan are standing to small books, similar to stallions in the US who get sent to Japan. You don't see them selling them to US breeders, nope, they keep them, even if only breeding 10 mares. Maybe they should sell them and give them a better chance to be a success in a different market? But, no, only we should do that.

While the US may have imported many good horses from Europe, many were sent here to avoid being killed or requisitioned for war duty during WWI and WWII.

I love Japanese racing,, but I love American racing more, and I hate to see our top class mares being snapped up and sent abroad. It's going to end up hurting US breeding in the long run. Props to Mr. Repole for having the courage to speak the truth.
Danniwolfe

Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:50 pm

Private Thoughts wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:14 pm I agree with his tweet 100%.

Japan does make it difficult and for good reason, they want their champions and offspring to stay in Japan. How many stallions in Japan are standing to small books, similar to stallions in the US who get sent to Japan. You don't see them selling them to US breeders, nope, they keep them, even if only breeding 10 mares. Maybe they should sell them and give them a better chance to be a success in a different market? But, no, only we should do that.

While the US may have imported many good horses from Europe, many were sent here to avoid being killed or requisitioned for war duty during WWI and WWII.

I love Japanese racing,, but I love American racing more, and I hate to see our top class mares being snapped up and sent abroad. It's going to end up hurting US breeding in the long run. Props to Mr. Repole for having the courage to speak the truth.
Anyone can register to buy a Japanese horse it's not that hard. And he complains about Japan almost buying nest. Don't put her in the sale then? Like lol. Also how did that bringing Sunday silence blood back go? Yoshida didn't stay in the US long. I'm glad someone is buying the horses cause at least they care.
Justify

Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:10 am

Danniwolfe wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:50 pm
Private Thoughts wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:14 pm I agree with his tweet 100%.

Anyone can register to buy a Japanese horse it's not that hard. And he complains about Japan almost buying nest. Don't put her in the sale then? Like lol. Also how did that bringing Sunday silence blood back go? Yoshida didn't stay in the US long. I'm glad someone is buying the horses cause at least they care.
It wasn't up to him to put Nest in the sale. Thats what Eclipse Does when they have partnerships. Good on him for keeping his word about buying her after she won the Shuvee.
The biggest Justify fan you can meet, just despise his trainer.
HB1994

Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:02 pm

Video of the Queen, Serena’s Song, at Denali:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C30cAX3O ... A4Z3Bnbg==
Eohippus

Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:37 pm

How does she not have laminitis?!?!?
Akitaperson

Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:47 pm

Eohippus wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:37 pm

How does she not have laminitis?!?!?

No idea but it even states in her ad that the leg affects her mobility. So that tells me whoever bred her is greedy pur and simple.