2022 Names

stelladaniella

Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:02 pm

Pronghorn - f. Justify x Donna Veloce
Lightning Legs - c. Curlin x Miss Hot Legs (dam is 1/2 to Swiss Skydiver)
Arthur Jr - c. Authentic x Parade of Roses (dam is 1/2 to British Idiom)
Taste of the Truth - c. Speightstown x Authenticity (full to Charlatan)
Mischievous Intent - c. Into Mischief x Guarana
Dare Goes My Love - f. Daredevil x Larissa's Love
Nantucket - c. Munnings x I'm a Flake (half to Express Train)
Hamlet - c. War of Will x Greenery (half to Lea)
Les Is Best - f. Catholic Boy x Unfold The Rose (half to Stephanie's Kitten)
Cajun Empress - f. Cajun Breeze x Empire Beauty (dam is 1/2 to Distorted Humor)
Bullet - f. War Front x Marlinspike (dam is o/o Surfside)
Bernardo - c. Bernardini x Ashado
Ice Runner - c. Gun Runner x Burgundy Ice (dam is 1/2 to Bernardini)
Runrate - f. Gun Runner x Time to Tap (dam is 1/2 to Untapable)
Sansone - c. Uncle Mo x Diva Delite (half to Midnight Bisou)
Scorpius - c. Into Mischief x Brooch (full to Mandaloun)
Titanium Man - c. Curlin x Lady Serena (dam is 1/2 to Honor Code)
Marabina - f. Far From Over x Bird Sense (half to Pretty Birdie)
Cajun Curls - f. Curlin x Glitter and Gold (dam is 1/2 to Swiss Skydiver)
Prime Power - c. Medaglia d'Oro x Princess Peggy (dam is 1/2 to Gamine)
"until you go to Kentucky and with your own eyes behold the Derby, you ain't never been nowhere and you ain't seen nothing!"
HB1994

Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:35 pm

“Bernardo - c. Bernardini x Ashado”

This is perfect. Classy and a nod to both parents.
stelladaniella

Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:45 pm

HB1994 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:35 pm “Bernardo - c. Bernardini x Ashado”

This is perfect. Classy and a nod to both parents.
I liked it quite a lot. Hope he does well in his career.
"until you go to Kentucky and with your own eyes behold the Derby, you ain't never been nowhere and you ain't seen nothing!"
Northport

Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:13 pm

That one actually stood out to me in the negative. It's a Canadian thing, but there is a fairly evil person with the last name Bernardo in our recent history. It does work well for the horse's pedigree, though, just a bit surprised it didn't come up in research.
weeeeeeeee
Flanders

Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:13 pm

Northport wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:13 pm That one actually stood out to me in the negative. It's a Canadian thing, but there is a fairly evil person with the last name Bernardo in our recent history. It does work well for the horse's pedigree, though, just a bit surprised it didn't come up in research.
You are underselling that. I saw a Youtube true crime video about them in the past year and the things they did and WANTED to do were horrifying.
stelladaniella

Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:40 pm

Flanders wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:13 pm
Northport wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:13 pm That one actually stood out to me in the negative. It's a Canadian thing, but there is a fairly evil person with the last name Bernardo in our recent history. It does work well for the horse's pedigree, though, just a bit surprised it didn't come up in research.
You are underselling that. I saw a Youtube true crime video about them in the past year and the things they did and WANTED to do were horrifying.
Just read up on him, dear GOD. :shock: Huge trigger warning if someone else decides to read up on him, it is not for the easily frightened.
Danniwolfe

Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:04 pm

stelladaniella wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:40 pm
Just read up on him, dear GOD. :shock: Huge trigger warning if someone else decides to read up on him, it is not for the easily frightened.
People are just finding out?
Just riding through life one shaky canter stride at a time
brunanas

Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:05 pm

it took a while for my brain to process and then i was like oh yeah THAT guy.
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
brunanas

Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:06 pm

Danniwolfe wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:04 pm

i mean not everyone is serial killer-savy, especially when said serial killer isn't from their country. i'm sure you don't know about certain mass murderers from Brazil, lol
she/her
brunanas

Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:07 pm

stelladaniella wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:02 pm Dare Goes My Love - f. Daredevil x Larissa's Love
idk why but i like this one a lot.
she/her
stelladaniella

Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:45 pm

brunanas wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:07 pm
stelladaniella wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:02 pm Dare Goes My Love - f. Daredevil x Larissa's Love
idk why but i like this one a lot.
It's super cute right?!
stelladaniella

Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:55 pm

brunanas wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:06 pm

i mean not everyone is serial killer-savy, especially when said serial killer isn't from their country. i'm sure you don't know about certain mass murderers from Brazil, lol
Very well put! I'd lay more comments towards that previous post, but I choose peace today. :mrgreen:
brunanas

Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:00 pm

stelladaniella wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:55 pm
brunanas wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:06 pm
Very well put! I'd lay more comments towards that previous post, but I choose peace today. :mrgreen:
honestly a waste of time. there's nothing wrong with not knowing any or just a few, ESPECIALLY if they're not from your country. for obvious reasons it's not everyone's cup of tea. and i can assure you there are certain people from Brazil who've done similar/worse things than Bernardo and i'm sure y'all just haven't heard about it because it's not your country and doesn't really make the headlines. a movie came out a while ago about a crazy ass b*tch who got her boyfriend to bash her parents' heads in and i saw a lot of people from here who were shocked to know it wasn't just fiction lol
she/her
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:51 am

True crime is one of my other interests but Paul Bernardo / Karla Homolka didn't come to mind when I saw the name. He is pretty well known but naming a Bernardini/Ashado foal Bernardo isn't as bad as naming it Bundy or something.

Hey Karla if you're reading this (since you get to be free for some unholy reason) I hope you stub your toe today.
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24)
brunanas

Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:56 am

Mylute wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:51 am True crime is one of my other interests but Paul Bernardo / Karla Homolka didn't come to mind when I saw the name. He is pretty well known but naming a Bernardini/Ashado foal Bernardo isn't as bad as naming it Bundy or something.

Hey Karla if you're reading this (since you get to be free for some unholy reason) I hope you stub your toe today.
the girl i mentioned in my post is also free (and recently had a child, idk how her husband isn't scared of sleeping next to her but whatever) so i hope a piano falls on her head today because stubbing her toe isn't enough
she/her
BaroqueAgain1

Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:13 pm

Bernardo is also the handsome leader of the Sharks in A Westside Story.
sweettalk

Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:09 pm

stelladaniella wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:02 pm
There Goes Our Love Again - White Lies
stelladaniella

Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:12 am

sweettalk wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:09 pm
stelladaniella wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:02 pm
There Goes Our Love Again - White Lies
That’s why it sounded so familiar!!! They played it on the radio in a cafe in Lexington the other day :)
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:27 pm

Semi Scary f. Nyquist - Morticia
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24)
stelladaniella

Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:48 am

Whirlabout - f. Hard Spun x Girlaboutown (half to Monroe, Ready AP)
Painted Desert - f. Medaglia d'Oro x Sky Painter (half to Wet Paint)
Time Will Tell - c. Dialed In x Tulipmania (half to Gambling Girl)
Twelfth Night - c. Quality Road x Hot Dixie Chick (half to Pauline's Pearl)
Empressstrikesback - f. Adios Charlie x Hardcore Candy (half to Dorth Vader, I love the Star Wars inspired names)
Velvet Vortex - f. Complexity x Sweet Pistol (half to Faiza)
No Problem - c. Improbable x G Note (half to Hejazi)
Cromwell - c. Quality Road x Borealis Night (half to Arabian Knight)
Renoir - f. Authentic x Treasure (half to National Treasure)
Blakely's Wish - f. Honest Mischief x My Every Wish (half to Firenze Fire)