New Conformation Photos

Retrospectiv

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Sorry, don't have a new one to share, but starting to rebuild the Breeding section...
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
mariasmon

Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:30 pm

Paddy O'Prado

Diver52

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:40 pm

He looks like a pony!
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Kay16

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:42 am

Diver52 wrote:He looks like a pony!

I handsome one though!
Stormin Wife

Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:57 pm

How do we upload photos with the new format?

When I click on the upload attachment nothing happens. Thanks!
StormBootLarry

Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:00 am

Hi everyone,

I was relatively new to the forum before it was hacked and am excited for the site's new start.

I recently purchased a small stake in a 2YO filly, Little Daniella, through Little Dreams Racing. I'm pretty experienced in handicapping and horse racing in general, however, conformation is still something I'm trying to get a handle on.

So, with that said, I was hoping that I might get some feedback based on the following link:

http://littledreamsracing.com/wp-conten ... niella.png[/url]

I appreciate any and all comments and greatly look forward to the development of the new Thoroughbred Champions.

Thanks!
serenassong

Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:43 am

StormBootLarry wrote:Hi everyone,

I was relatively new to the forum before it was hacked and am excited for the site's new start.

I recently purchased a small stake in a 2YO filly, Little Daniella, through Little Dreams Racing. I'm pretty experienced in handicapping and horse racing in general, however, conformation is still something I'm trying to get a handle on.

So, with that said, I was hoping that I might get some feedback based on the following link:

I appreciate any and all comments and greatly look forward to the development of the new Thoroughbred Champions.

Thanks!
Well, welcome to the board. I'm not really a expert, but I do like her shoulder very much.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Kay16

Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks!
Well I'm not an "expert" but I think she has a very strong looking rear though a bit downhill.
Horsebagger

Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:32 pm

Are you sure that the guy picking out the horses for this partnership knows what he is looking at to begin with?
BlindLucky

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:28 pm

Horsebagger wrote:Are you sure that the guy picking out the horses for this partnership knows what he is looking at to begin with?
I'd imagine Dale Romans has a hand in it too, so the answer is probably yes.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Horsebagger

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:56 pm

BlindLucky wrote:
Horsebagger wrote:Are you sure that the guy picking out the horses for this partnership knows what he is looking at to begin with?
You're guessing. Which is I'm surmising not an unintentional consequence of the partnership.

Good luck to all with Carlo picking out your horses.
Charlie

Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks!
Over all she looks nice and balanced. Her head is turned to the camera so its hard to see that portion of her. She's still pretty young?
mariasmon

Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Looks like Kitten's Joy has a new one, based on this ad. I'm not wild about the lighting/glare, but it's good that they updated his shot. It was getting old.

Flanders

Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:52 am

mariasmon wrote:Looks like Kitten's Joy has a new one, based on this ad. I'm not wild about the lighting/glare, but it's good that they updated his shot. It was getting old.

The lighting/glare aren't good but I think Kitten's Joy looks better in the new picture.
StormBootLarry

Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:27 am

BlindLucky wrote:
While Carlo has final say since he's putting up the $$$, Dale Romans has a very influential voice when the horses are purchased.

Also, in most cases, LDR is purchasing horses who's shares can be sold at a relatively affordable price. For example, a 1% stake in Little Daniella cost $413. So, they're basically looking for affordable horses who appear to have some potential.

In Little Daniella's case, I was intrigued by the overall pedigree despite Mr. Sekiguchi's lack of prominent winners.

She actually ran her first race about 2 weeks back. Unfortunately, she stumbled at the start and blew the turn after being spooked by the whip. She had a really nice run heading into the turn, so I'm not too discouraged.

Anyways, thanks for the comments on her conformation. In my initial and very inexperienced look at her, I liked that she appeared very balanced. But, that's about as far as my eye could take me.

Thanks again and any more comments or observations would be greatly appreciated!
Calypso

Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:29 am

I'm not a fan of the angle of her front hooves (they look too sloped to me) but I'm definitely no confirmation expert. I know there's a term for all that, but I can't think of it right now at 6:30am. Other than that I think she looks nice.
Soylent green is....tasty!!!
Horsebagger

Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:57 am

StormBootLarry wrote:
BlindLucky wrote:
While Carlo has final say since he's putting up the $$$, Dale Romans has a very influential voice when the horses are purchased.

Also, in most cases, LDR is purchasing horses who's shares can be sold at a relatively affordable price. For example, a 1% stake in Little Daniella cost $413. So, they're basically looking for affordable horses who appear to have some potential.
What's Dale's influential voice saying when he's not at the sale where Carlo is buying?

As most partnerships these days, shares are generally affordable, but the markup isn't inconsequential to share buyers.
mariasmon

Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Strong Contender
Northport

Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:08 pm

It looks like he is leaning backwards...
weeeeeeeee
pointgivenfan

Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:35 am

He does.
It's not even something they'd need another shot for; it'd take literally two seconds to fix in just about any picture editing program.
"I am the man who with the utmost daring discovered what had been discovered before." - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy.
Avatar: Goldikova - 2010 Prix de la Foret, copyright yours truly. =)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/timstephansen/