Photos/News about Broodmares

krmemories

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:45 pm

If I recall correctly, Mizdirection was bred to Al Kazeem.

Al Kazeem got a limited number of mares in foal. Would love to know if Mizdirection was one of them......
mariasmon

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Starine wrote:Who is she in foal to?
New Approach
Bold Carma

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:26 pm

EquineAnne wrote:
Ziggypop wrote:
mariasmon wrote:Whoa, mama. Stonestreet has hooked us up.

http://www.stonestreetfarms.com/farm/broodmares/
How great of Stonestreet to do this!
I'll say! Jeez, the farms keep them locked away in a proverbial tower. So happy to see this. Maybe the rest will follow suit.
I would imagine most farms don't readily share information about the broodmares that are on their farms because they aren't owned by the farm. Privacy issues, and such ;).
mariasmon

Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Bold Carma wrote:
EquineAnne wrote:
Ziggypop wrote:
How great of Stonestreet to do this!
I'll say! Jeez, the farms keep them locked away in a proverbial tower. So happy to see this. Maybe the rest will follow suit.
I would imagine most farms don't readily share information about the broodmares that are on their farms because they aren't owned by the farm. Privacy issues, and such ;).
WinStar's broodmare band is larger than Stonestreet's, I think, but they could probably manage something like Stonestreet has done. If there are mares about whom they don't wish to share info, they could simply leave her out. They'd probably put something like that in Stablemates, though :roll:
Izvestia

Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:40 pm

A lot of them are like that, but once they retire and are left alone, they mellow out. My OTTB gelding still gets a little tense when I go in his stall, so I leave him alone in there. It's his house.

I also don't expect most farms to post information about their mares. Stonestreet is really into fans of their horses, but can we really expect farms to post strictly because fans (and that's what we are) want to see them after they are done running.
mariasmon

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:23 pm

Izvestia wrote: but can we really expect farms to post strictly because fans (and that's what we are) want to see them after they are done running.
Expect nothing. Appreciate what you get. Darley is one farm I'd really like to see do something like this, though. They certainly have the financial resources to do it and barns full of mares fans would like to know about.
Private Thoughts

Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:54 am

Maybe not "expect" them to do what Stonestreet did but it would be nice.

Times are changing with the internet. If farms can keep fans of these horses happy with pictures and information on them without having to put up with having people on their farms, perhaps increasing insurance policies, or taking time out of their employees day that might be better spent elsewhere, then I think it would be a smart idea to have sections of the farms website dedicated to the mares. Just a good PR and business move in my opinion.
serenassong

Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:49 am

[quote="mariasmon[/quote]

WinStar's broodmare band is larger than Stonestreet's, I think, but they could probably manage something like Stonestreet has done. If there are mares about whom they don't wish to share info, they could simply leave her out. They'd probably put something like that in Stablemates, though :roll:[/quote]

I have seen a few of the Client mares on the cams- and they are good about telling you such due to privacy issues(I. e.- "we cant tell you"). Generally, they will show up on the foaling cams if the client mare goes into labor quickly and they need the stall. With their own mares, we are given names and covering sire- a few of them I know just by seeing them. The broodies are often featured in the "Horse of the Week" segment that they do as well. If you ask them a question about a Winstar owned mare- they are very good about giving you an update. I asked once about how Isnt She Grand was doing, and they did let me know. Once she foaled- there she was with her baby on the "Horse of the Week" segment :D

I would encourage anyone here to become a Stablemate, because there are a lot of videos, picture and updates that they do provide on all the divisions. You can pay monthly for any membership if funds are an issue- to me it is well worth it- especially during foaling season- as I fight off lack of sleep. :)

Once we are giving the info of the mare in one of the foaling stalls- I try and provide some info on the mare (race record and previous foals) and post the nicks as well- it is a lot of fun and you get to know the people who are also watching the cams.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
tachyon

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:14 am

-- video news from YAHOO!7NEWS(AU) today

Black Caviar set to become a mum

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/video/wat ... ome-a-mum/
Private Thoughts

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:58 am

Thanks for the video!! :D

She looks wonderful, but ready for the baby to be on the ground.
Ziggypop

Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:55 pm

tachyon wrote:-- video news from YAHOO!7NEWS(AU) today

Black Caviar set to become a mum

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/video/wat ... ome-a-mum/
How fun to see her! Thank you for sharing the link.
tachyon

Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:20 pm

-- from blackcaviar.net.au (Sep 20)

Here are beautiful pictures of Black Caviar and her daughter after one week!!

http://www.blackcaviar.net.au/blog/week-1-in-pictures
(edited)
Private Thoughts

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:17 pm

This little lady is gorgeous and full of herself. And her mom looks so proud of her little girl.

Hope she will be one heck of a racer when she grows up!
Starine

Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:59 pm

That foal is as cute as a button. And Black Caviar does seem very proud and content.
lurkey mclurker

Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:20 pm

Her little matching socks are really beyond adorable. Black Caviar looks a bit tired still, maybe the wee one is running her off her feet. :mrgreen:
EquineAnne

Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:53 am

I love the little dark star!
Calypso

Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:34 am

lurkey mclurker wrote:Her little matching socks are really beyond adorable. Black Caviar looks a bit tired still, maybe the wee one is running her off her feet. :mrgreen:
lol, that'd be a first.
Soylent green is....tasty!!!
tachyon

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:35 am

Here's another pick of Black Caviar with her Exceed and Excel filly!

@championseries
tachyon

Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:49 am

Trillion(USA) 1974M (Hail to Reason) -- champion in the US and in France. dam of Triptych. 4th dam of Treve.
@andtheyareoff1
Northport

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Plum Pretty

Havre de Grace

Groupie Doll
weeeeeeeee