Foal Patrol not doing 2023? Foal Cams for 2023

MTO

Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:36 pm

I've been watching for Foal Patrol to announce 2023 mares and farms but it appears Foal Patrol is done and won't be active for 2023 and who knows about future years. I haven't seen an official announcement but is it true - Foal Patrol is over?

Can we start a list of other live cams for watching the mares and their foals, including the birth.
Anyone with info about foal cams can you please post details

Thanks in advance.
Flanders

Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Its done. There was a release hidden in another article, I posted it here, maybe in the Broodmare news? It was a couple months ago. I'll try to find and edit it into this message.

Took me a little bit cause I had to really think back what the article was about that it was mentioned in but its here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8703
Last edited by Flanders on Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTO

Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:09 pm

Found this official video and announcement that Foal Patrol has been retired

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaQfhNRYm8o

Jun 27, 2022
After a groundbreaking five-year run, the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame’s popular Foal Patrol program is being retired, having achieved its goals of educating and entertaining millions of people around the world about Thoroughbred breeding and the lifecycle of a racehorse. Foal Patrol, a one-of-a-kind collection of live web cameras, provided an online educational platform and delivered real-time videos into homes, classrooms, and various businesses throughout the world. The Museum’s mission was to extend through the computer screen to reach the broadest possible audience and provide education about Thoroughbred racing from before birth through aftercare and showcase the earliest moments of a foal’s life.

We are proud of what we accomplished in the past five seasons and thank the farms for their participation and sponsorship of the program, our industry partners for great content and promotional support, and Foal Patrol's loyal fans for engaging and asking important questions. We invite Foal Patrol fans to visit racingmuseum.org for upcoming Museum programs. Thank you!