Jockey & Trainer News 2023

Curtis

Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:22 pm

thinair wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:30 pm
Curtis wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:11 pm
thinair wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:24 am

...and it will stick this year.
It’s apples and oranges. Baffert can be on track to watch Tim train this year. The real intrigue will be to see if 20 horses earn points and whether Asmussen’s suspension will affect his horse’s point totals or having his name in the program. The Derby is increasingly incidental, it should be run as a simulation in a courtroom.
Is there a translation of this that makes sense? Did someone steal your login?

The Derby will never be incidental.
The last three runnings at the scheduled time have produced one of the most forgettable winners in history, the only MG1 winner I can think of who never actually crossed the wire first in a G1 and a most unlikely long shot who only got in because, in his waning years, Coach developed a conscience and decided to not run a horse who had no chance. If it were a TV show people would speculate as to when it jumped the shark. I guess the general public understands the various ways a DQ can occur……..there’s that. What hair I have left stands on end thinking of all the emperors in the CDI boardroom sitting naked.
BaroqueAgain1

Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:10 pm

"What hair I have left stands on end thinking of all the emperors in the CDI boardroom sitting naked."

You win Post of the Day. :lol: :lol:
Curtis

Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:29 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:10 pm "What hair I have left stands on end thinking of all the emperors in the CDI boardroom sitting naked."

You win Post of the Day. :lol: :lol:
It’s nice to be King for a day. I’d really like a little more exclusivity than to be just another guy that disagrees with Andy online, though. Maybe the fact I don’t exist just to troll him makes me unique.😉
BaroqueAgain1

Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:14 pm

IMO, disagreeing is not the same as trolling...which I sincerely hope you don't intend. :?
Curtis

Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:25 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:14 pm IMO, disagreeing is not the same as trolling...which I sincerely hope you don't intend. :?
Not me. I don’t post anywhere but here and that is sporadic. I look over on Pace Advantage though, and Andy gets trolled in my opinion, far more often than those that just simply disagree. He gives as good as he gets though. Not to imply he trolls, he doesn’t. He works in the industry and I get from where he comes. I bet $2. when I’m feeling saucy and take care of discards. He and I both respect the history of the sport. But I think we understand that it’s evolve or die. We may not agree about how things should and will evolve but no harm in that. Mark Twain once pointed out that the sport is based on disagreements. Good thing, if not 32-38% of the time every bettor would win but those winners would pay $2.10. The other 62-68% of the time the winners would pay nothing. That sounds really boring.
thinair

Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:53 pm

Curtis wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:25 pm
BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:14 pm IMO, disagreeing is not the same as trolling...which I sincerely hope you don't intend. :?
Not me. I don’t post anywhere but here and that is sporadic. I look over on Pace Advantage though, and Andy gets trolled in my opinion, far more often than those that just simply disagree. He gives as good as he gets though. Not to imply he trolls, he doesn’t. He works in the industry and I get from where he comes. I bet $2. when I’m feeling saucy and take care of discards. He and I both respect the history of the sport. But I think we understand that it’s evolve or die. We may not agree about how things should and will evolve but no harm in that. Mark Twain once pointed out that the sport is based on disagreements. Good thing, if not 32-38% of the time every bettor would win but those winners would pay $2.10. The other 62-68% of the time the winners would pay nothing. That sounds really boring.
You aren't trolling. Never occured to me....but you're wrong. Horses like Rich Strike winning increase interest by the average viewer and a DQ/controversy is even better for viewership. A good race fixing scandal on the front page and they will have the best viewership ever. You are acting like people like us watching the Derby make it successful or not. We don't. The Derby has turned into an American phenomenon and any controversy only fuels that. All publicity is good publicity.

I've learned to enjoy and ignore the negativity online....and I do give it back sometimes as well, though I tend to ignore most of it. I just wish people would do it with a little more panache and a sense of humor. Sadly, those two things are waning these days. As long as they're listening...and the haters are for sure. They'll miss me when I retire:-)
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:29 am

"I just wish people would do it with a little more panache and a sense of humor."

^This. 8-)
Curtis

Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:34 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:29 am "I just wish people would do it with a little more panache and a sense of humor."

^This. 8-)
Humor I got, my wife says I’ve got sense she just wishes it were more common.
thinair

Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:31 am

Curtis wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:34 am
BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:29 am "I just wish people would do it with a little more panache and a sense of humor."

^This. 8-)
Working on your Henny Youngman routine?
Curtis

Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:53 pm

thinair wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:31 am
Curtis wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:34 am

^This. 8-)
Working on your Henny Youngman routine?
Nah, I’ll never ask for anyone to take my wife……..please! It’s usually the other way around.😉
Squeaky

Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:59 pm

Curtis,
How is your daughter enjoying vet school in the UK? Sounds like you and your wife are still doing quite a bit of traveling- good for you. Have you found a companion horse for your tensing horse?
Curtis

Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:29 pm

Squeaky wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:59 pm Curtis,
How is your daughter enjoying vet school in the UK? Sounds like you and your wife are still doing quite a bit of traveling- good for you. Have you found a companion horse for your tensing horse?
Our daughter is doing well. Every January the various clubs on campus—she’s in the Performing Arts Club—takes a trip to a surprise destination. She leaves tomorrow. Last year it turned out to be Venice. The kids aren’t told until they get to the airport. They’re only advised as to how to pack for the weather. My money’s on Greece, we’ll see. She also finds time to study and that is going well, too.

We’re going to visit with her twice this year. In July, for her birthday, my wife, her sister and I are going to meet up with our daughter and take her on a cruise to the Baltics. Next Christmas we’re going to meet in the middle—Miami—and cruise the Caribbean. We did take in a retired Reining horse to be a buddy to Harley, our daughter’s retired Western Pleasure horse. I miss taking care of TB’s but the QH’s are easier. The new guy goes by Gato so I always think of Gato Del Sol one of my all time favorite Derby winners.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:26 pm

Oisin Murphy will be allowed to return to race riding on Feb. 16. I wish him well.
https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/ ... urn/597576
Squeaky

Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:36 pm

Curtis wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:29 pm
Our daughter is doing well. Every January the various clubs on campus—she’s in the Performing Arts Club—takes a trip to a surprise destination. She leaves tomorrow. Last year it turned out to be Venice. The kids aren’t told until they get to the airport. They’re only advised as to how to pack for the weather. My money’s on Greece, we’ll see. She also finds time to study and that is going well, too.

We’re going to visit with her twice this year. In July, for her birthday, my wife, her sister and I are going to meet up with our daughter and take her on a cruise to the Baltics. Next Christmas we’re going to meet in the middle—Miami—and cruise the Caribbean. We did take in a retired Reining horse to be a buddy to Harley, our daughter’s retired Western Pleasure horse. I miss taking care of TB’s but the QH’s are easier. The new guy goes by Gato so I always think of Gato Del Sol one of my all time favorite Derby winners.
Wow that is so nice they do those trips for the students- Greece would be great! Those trips sound wonderful. Cruises are nice because everything is taken care of for you do you can just relax. Glad to hear her studies are going well.
Curtis

Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:55 pm

Squeaky wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:36 pm
Curtis wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:29 pm

Wow that is so nice they do those trips for the students- Greece would be great! Those trips sound wonderful. Cruises are nice because everything is taken care of for you do you can just relax. Glad to hear her studies are going well.
I pick my trip destinations like I pick my horses. There goes my dream of being invited to be a guest with Andy but hey, I could make him look better than usual.😉 My wife and I awoke this morning with a photo bomb from Berlin. Checkpoint Charlie never looked so good. Thanks for asking about her!
SukiSatsuki

Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:58 pm

Why walk when you could ride?
HB1994

Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:54 pm

Wow. A 12-year ban.

Ronan McNally hit with massive 12-year disqualification from Irish racing

https://www.racingpost.com/news/ireland ... _term=Null
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:04 pm

McNally Hit With 12-Year DQ from Irish Racing
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... ish-racing
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24)
CoronadosQuest

Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:02 pm

Eric Reed, trainer of Kentucky Derby 148 winner Rich Strike, was suspended for five days (Feb. 10-14) and fined $1,000 for a positive test for Butazolidin in the Golden Text horse on Jan. 19 at Turfway Park, according to reports BloodHorse #DRFenEspañol #DRF

https://twitter.com/DRFenEspanol/status ... 0851838976

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... e-positive
Squeaky

Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:59 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:02 pm Eric Reed, trainer of Kentucky Derby 148 winner Rich Strike, was suspended for five days (Feb. 10-14) and fined $1,000 for a positive test for Butazolidin in the Golden Text horse on Jan. 19 at Turfway Park, according to reports BloodHorse #DRFenEspañol #DRF

https://twitter.com/DRFenEspanol/status ... 0851838976

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... e-positive
And Rich Dawson still complaining about the toe grab investigation ( or lack thereof). https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/ ... earing_123