My Racehorse Entries/Results

hamiltonsean919

Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:18 pm

Straight no chaser's last update stated that he might not run in the Kona gold on April 27th so now I'm wondering if there are any other options for him a little later? Does anyone know of any race he could go to instead of the G3 Kona Gold?
Flanders

Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:03 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:33 pm
Flanders wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:25 pm
TapitsGal wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:13 pm
Yup like the guy who mentioned he spent 7k on one of the horses I own a share in..that completely blew my mind. I can't fathom spending 7k on shares in a microshare horse..at that point just buy a percentage in an actual partnership. I'm happy with one share in each horse I get
Some people just like gambling on stuff. Look at how many people lost a TON of money buying "NFTs" or trash crypto coins. They probably don't do their due diligence and have no clue its next to impossible to make money back. The MRH setup isn't really for share owners to make money. Its to have fun and say you own a part of a horse. Maybe some people don't get that. Perhaps they feel like because they are a share owner that their opinions need expressed on every decision made. Or they get enjoyment out of complaining and riling up the other share owners. There are endless possibilities.

Authentic they didn't buy until midway through his 3yo year, after a normal Kentucky Derby would be ran. They made it so there was absolutely no way for the share owners to make their money back. They have to pin their hopes on him becoming a successful stallion. You can make money then right? Or is it still setup to be next to impossible?
We are still paying off kickers, I think we made $33 this year off of his stud fee. So... eventually we may make some money :lol: but not like... a lot. Maybe like... $100
Then they have some secret kicker on him becoming a successful stallion that they forgot to mention? ;)
CoronadosQuest

Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:15 pm

Flanders wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:03 pm
Flanders wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:25 pm

Some people just like gambling on stuff. Look at how many people lost a TON of money buying "NFTs" or trash crypto coins. They probably don't do their due diligence and have no clue its next to impossible to make money back. The MRH setup isn't really for share owners to make money. Its to have fun and say you own a part of a horse. Maybe some people don't get that. Perhaps they feel like because they are a share owner that their opinions need expressed on every decision made. Or they get enjoyment out of complaining and riling up the other share owners. There are endless possibilities.

Authentic they didn't buy until midway through his 3yo year, after a normal Kentucky Derby would be ran. They made it so there was absolutely no way for the share owners to make their money back. They have to pin their hopes on him becoming a successful stallion. You can make money then right? Or is it still setup to be next to impossible?
We are still paying off kickers, I think we made $33 this year off of his stud fee. So... eventually we may make some money :lol: but not like... a lot. Maybe like... $100
Then they have some secret kicker on him becoming a successful stallion that they forgot to mention? ;)
We have paid back 63% of the debt owed to Spendthrift so far, according to them.
Flanders

Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:35 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:15 pm
Flanders wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:03 pm

We have paid back 63% of the debt owed to Spendthrift so far, according to them.
Yeah that is some craziness, coming up on 4 years later. Maybe someday you'll make some money,
Honor Code

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:46 pm

Results
Chasing Time finished 4th in Eclipse Stakes(Listed)
Guinevere finished 10th
Man Among Men finished 4th
Pioneer Prince finished 4th
Seize the Grey finished 7th in Blue Grass(G1)

Entries
Phantom Ride entered in claiming at Oaklawn on 4/12
Secret Crush entered in MSW at Keeneland on 4/18
Tufnel entered in claiming at Gulfstream on 4/14

Volatile x Princess Samurai now named Saratoga Warrior
Liam's Map x Bitter Lemon now named Manhattan Twist
Maclean's Music x Downdraft now named Miss American Pie

Forbidden Kingdom still targeting Kona Gold (g3), no new updates so far.

I remember thinking that the kickers on Authentic were so high, shareholders were unlikely to ever break even unless he became an extreme successful stallion. As the likelihood is low...I predict there will be many more irritated Authentic owners in the future

And now for the discussion point that's the elephant in the room: Seize the Grey. As predicted, his owners are either blaming everyone under the sun (jockey, other horses, etc.) or have resigned themselves to the facts. Unfortunately, there is a significant majority that is not the most realistic. Many are now hoping for the 5+ defections necessary for the horse to even sniff the starting gate. Since that's unlikely and unrealistic, MRH is not even hoping for it to happen....but have stated if it magically happens they are not against entering him in the Derby.

As @Missbeholder pointed out, majority of MRH owners are not regular followers of horse racing. Most really have no idea what is realistic and what is not. I can't describe how many owners have posted on Facebook asking questions like "why can't 4year old run in the Derby" or something similar. These are people who turn on the TV just for the triple crown and that's it.
CoronadosQuest

Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:33 pm

STG is being pointed to the Pat Day Mile though so it sounds he will be running on Derby Day regardless. I dunno if he is quite fast enough to take on horses like Timberlake or Knightsbridge though. He is currently at Churchill Downs.
CoronadosQuest

Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:03 pm

Phantom Ride wins his third race in a row by taking the 6th race at Oaklawn Park today, a mile $45,000 claiming race on dirt. He was not claimed. He is by far my most consistent horse with MRH, I love him!
Honor Code

Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:36 am

Results
Phantom Ride finished 1st
Tufnel finished 8th

Entries:
Catalyst entered in MSW at Oaklawn on 4/20
Cumberland Falls entered in claiming at Gulfstream on 4/19
Kanthari entered in allowance at Keeneland on 4/19 (unlikely to go, AE #3)
Lane Way entered in Siren Lure Stakes (Listed) at Santa Anita on 4/21
Legitify entered in MSW at Santa Anita on 4/26
Sweet as Sin entered in MSW at Keeneland on 4/26

I think Phantom Ride is the most consistent horse MRH has had next to Sacred Beauty(before she was claimed)
Last edited by Honor Code on Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
TapitsGal

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:45 pm

Honor Code wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:36 am Results
Phantom Ride finished 1st
Tufnel finished 8th

Entries:
Catalyst entered in MSW at Oaklawn on 4/20
Cumberland Falls entered in claiming at Gulfstream on 4/19
Kanthari entered in allowance at Keeneland on 4/19 (unlikely to go, AE #3)

I think Phantom Ride is the most consistent horse MRH has had next to Sacred Beauty(before she was claimed)
Secret crush ran third. Was flagged for vets list following race
TapitsGal

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:02 pm

People are back to being sure seize the Grey will run in the derby since he's 22nd or 23rd on the AE list
Squeaky

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:18 am

STG needs a freshening then take aim at the Gr2/3 Derbies against second and third tier competition in the summer. Not a 20- horse calvary charge where he finishes well back and gets beat up in the process.
CoronadosQuest

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:09 pm

Squeaky wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:18 am STG needs a freshening then take aim at the Gr2/3 Derbies against second and third tier competition in the summer. Not a 20- horse calvary charge where he finishes well back and gets beat up in the process.
Honestly, I'd be happy to see him win a listed stakes first even. He hasn't even done that. He needs to find a soft stakes race before the Derby but I just don't see it happening. I think Just Steel will do better than STG. However, now that I've said that STG will prove me wrong which I won't be upset about :lol:
Squeaky

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:54 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:09 pm
Squeaky wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:18 am STG needs a freshening then take aim at the Gr2/3 Derbies against second and third tier competition in the summer. Not a 20- horse calvary charge where he finishes well back and gets beat up in the process.
Honestly, I'd be happy to see him win a listed stakes first even. He hasn't even done that. He needs to find a soft stakes race before the Derby but I just don't see it happening. I think Just Steel will do better than STG. However, now that I've said that STG will prove me wrong which I won't be upset about :lol:
Agree a listed stakes with weakish competition or even high level allowance is where he fits currently. And I say that as a dedicated fan of the horse.
CoronadosQuest

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:54 pm

We just got an update that they plan on running STG in the Derby if everything goes to plan, Lukas feels he is ready, and we have the opportunity to do so.
brunanas

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:01 pm

honestly though would Lukas ever feel like a horse is not ready?
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
CoronadosQuest

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:08 pm

brunanas wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:01 pm honestly though would Lukas ever feel like a horse is not ready?
Probably not
Honor Code

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:23 pm

Results
Catalyst finished 8th
Cumberland Falls finished 2nd
Kanthari did not make field (AE#3)
Lane Way finished 3rd in Siren Lure Stakes (Listed)
Secret Crush finished 3rd

Entries
Forbidden Kingdom entered in Kona Gold Stakes (Listed) at Santa Anita on 4/27
Legitify entered in MSW at Santa Anita on 4/26
Kanthari entered in Handicap at Gulfstream on 4/27
Sweet as Sin entered in MSW at Keeneland on 4/26

Man Among Men to Fasig-Tipton Digital Sale
Secret Crush and Catalyst to farm

I usually avoid updating this before Wednesdays because of possible entries. But with the latest update on Seize the Grey, the derby fever has absolutely gone boiling. Every year there are horses like STG which we all know are long-shots and really should not run in the derby, but due to owners these horses are stuck. We definitely have a ring-side seat to this now. The number of people who are spouting about Rich Strike-like possibilities are loud, as are the ones who espouse how the derby is their dream. As pointed out by many, Lukas is one to run a horse if there's even a faint chance of doing well. Poor Seize the Grey.
Last edited by Honor Code on Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Starine

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:32 pm

Is Seize the Grey even likely to get in, points-wise?
brunanas

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:35 pm

i think he can at least be entered as an AE. he's 23 atm.
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
Starine

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:48 pm

brunanas wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:35 pm i think he can at least be entered as an AE. he's 23 atm.
Thanks. I'd really like to see him a regional derby, like Iowa's or Ohio's.