My Racehorse Entries/Results

TapitsGal

Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:33 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:11 pm Update is out and they said that Lukas' #1 goal is to get STG into the Derby and the nominees for the Bluegrass came up first but his options are open still.
I pointed out that Lukas would run a Mule in the derby if he could get one to qualify. Lukas will run anything in the derby just for the sake of running in the derby. Even if the horse had no shot. And at this point I really don't think seize the Grey would have a shot at even placing top 3. He'd be a Longshot. I really feel like the derby for him would be a wasted race. Originally Lukas had tossed about the idea of Preakness or Belmont for seize the Grey if he can prove himself
Honor Code

Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 pm

Results
Seize the Grey finished 3rd in Jeff Ruby Steaks Stakes(G3)

Entries
Adaay in Asia probable for Wilshire Stakes(G3) at Santa Anita on 4/4

Blue Devil is on the farm per Facebook

Seize the Grey owners on Facebook are now divided-some are infected with Derby fever mode of "get to Kentucky Derby at all costs" while the other side wishes to bypass the derby in favor of the preakness etc. And both sides are passionate about it too. I'm on the bypass the derby side of things. For now, despite the DRF article, both the Bluegrass and the Lexingtons are possibilities, with no immediate decisions made.
CoronadosQuest

Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 pm

I think the Bluegrass Stakes is going to come up tough which seems like a daunting task since STG just raced last weekend.
Squeaky

Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:12 pm

Honor Code wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 pm Results

Entries

Seize the Grey owners on Facebook are now divided-some are infected with Derby fever mode of "get to Kentucky Derby at all costs" while the other side wishes to bypass the derby in favor of the preakness etc. And both sides are passionate about it too. I'm on the bypass the derby side of things. For now, despite the DRF article, both the Bluegrass and the Lexingtons are possibilities, with no immediate decisions made.
Wish they would wait until Peter Pan and point for Belmont -move him to SAR to train
CoronadosQuest

Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 pm

Squeaky wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:12 pm
Honor Code wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 pm Results

Entries

Wish they would wait until Peter Pan and point for Belmont -move him to SAR to train
It will be interesting to see what happens if we run in the Bluegrass Stakes because so many of the STG owners are confident we are better than Dornoch since we beat him once way back in Dornoch's very first race. That being said, I don't think, even if we don't win the Lexington or Bluegrass, the Derby will be out of the picture if we get in with 27 points.
TapitsGal

Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:13 pm

Someone just told me that mrh is currently trying to work with the connections of both inspector and salute to America to try and get both horses retired. That there will be additional updates soon on both horses who did not finish their last race at parx. Inspector pulled up and salute to America vanned off
TapitsGal

Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:43 pm

Who Runs the world got bred to up to the mark
TapitsGal

Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:37 pm

If seize the Grey pulled it off and won..I think that's the biggest payout per share for first place I've ever had.$70 for first,$21 for second,$10 for third
Honor Code

Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:21 am

Results
Adaay in Asia finished 8th in Wilshire Stakes(G3) on 4/4
Legitify finished 8th on debut at Santa Anita on 4/4

Entries
Chasing Time entered in Eclipse Stakes(Listed) at Oaklawn Park on 4/5
Guinevere entered in MSW at Keeneland on 4/5
Man Among Men entered in allowance at Santa Anita on 4/6
Pioneer Prince entered in allowance at Santa Anita on 4/5
Seize the Grey entered in Blue Grass(G1) at Keeneland on 4/6

Legitify disappointed on debut since he was highly touted both before his time off and recently.

Inspector and Salute to America have been reacquired by MRH and send to Second Stride for retirement and rehoming

The furor (and fervor) around Seize the Grey this week is so loud, that I've decided not to look. :lol: Suffice to say, lots of unrealistic hopes and strongly opinionated folks. I do agree @Tapitsgal, I think this is the biggest payout I've ever seen-and that's compared to Tizamagician and Forbidden Kingdom.
CoronadosQuest

Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:17 pm

Honor Code wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:21 am Legitify disappointed on debut since he was highly touted both before his time off and recently.

The furor (and fervor) around Seize the Grey this week is so loud, that I've decided not to look. :lol: Suffice to say, lots of unrealistic hopes and strongly opinionated folks. I do agree @Tapitsgal, I think this is the biggest payout I've ever seen-and that's compared to Tizamagician and Forbidden Kingdom.
You are smart to not look at the STG chatter going on. Its a bit wild :lol: but I can't stop myself. It's sort of like seeing a car accident on the road, you just have to look even though you don't want to.

Some of the Legitify comments have also been head scratching like someone saying he should not be on turf because he is sired by Justify and had a dirt pedigree. MRH owner groups are entertaining to read some days.
Diver52

Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:47 pm

I have a share of Legitify and yeah, that was a letdown. Of course I have a front row seat for the "Take him off the turf!" comments but to be fair, a lot of people do point out the Galileo influence and that Justify has sired a lot of turf winners.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
CoronadosQuest

Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:55 pm

Diver52 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:47 pm I have a share of Legitify and yeah, that was a letdown. Of course I have a front row seat for the "Take him off the turf!" comments but to be fair, a lot of people do point out the Galileo influence and that Justify has sired a lot of turf winners.
I was one of those that had fun leading that crusade, I admit :lol:
TapitsGal

Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:11 pm

People saying seize the Grey will beat Sierra Leone and dornoch and I'm like I love the horse but doubt it
CoronadosQuest

Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:24 pm

TapitsGal wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:11 pm People saying seize the Grey will beat Sierra Leone and dornoch and I'm like I love the horse but doubt it
Just A Touch has been training really well at Keeneland for Cox. He wanted to GO GO GO today in his gallop. His rider had to really hold him back. I think he's the one that we should be side-eyeing to upset the top two.
tranquilo

Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:54 pm

Honor Code wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:21 amThe furor (and fervor) around Seize the Grey this week is so loud, that I've decided not to look. :lol: Suffice to say, lots of unrealistic hopes and strongly opinionated folks. I do agree @Tapitsgal, I think this is the biggest payout I've ever seen-and that's compared to Tizamagician and Forbidden Kingdom.
Forbidden Kingdom would have paid out $140 plus an $1,800 stallion bonus if he had won the Santa Anita Derby :( I thought it was going to be my lucky day lol. Hoping things go better with Seize the Grey.
TapitsGal

Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:05 pm

Well there's definitely a very humbled seize the Grey ownership group right now. Hopefully the horse comes out of the race okay and now we can move on from derby fever to a more realistic target
Danniwolfe

Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:08 pm

TapitsGal wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:05 pm Well there's definitely a very humbled seize the Grey ownership group right now. Hopefully the horse comes out of the race okay and now we can move on from derby fever to a more realistic target
Nah they'll still have it
Just riding through life one shaky canter stride at a time
TapitsGal

Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:09 pm

Danniwolfe wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:08 pm
TapitsGal wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:05 pm Well there's definitely a very humbled seize the Grey ownership group right now. Hopefully the horse comes out of the race okay and now we can move on from derby fever to a more realistic target
Nah they'll still have it
Not from the comments I'm seeing so far
HolyBull2436

Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:12 pm

What, the same people that say “Yay for the KD Derby” have resigned themselves to the fact that STG isn’t a Derby horse? Shocking
TapitsGal

Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:15 pm

HolyBull2436 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:12 pm What, the same people that say “Yay for the KD Derby” have resigned themselves to the fact that STG isn’t a Derby horse? Shocking
So far I'm seeing people say they hope the horse is okay. And that maybe he was run too soon after the Jeff ruby(which is a concern myself and others had weeks ago about timing and pissed people off)