My Racehorse Entries/Results

Honor Code

Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:46 pm

I know there are more than a few of us who are microshare owners of various horses. I figure, this is a good place to keep other people updated.

Joyful Addiction (Munnings x My Sweet Addiction) Trained by Al Stall. Unraced. Current goal: debut race in September at CDI
Lady Valentine: (Into Mischief x My Lady Lauren) Trained by Todd Pletcher. Currently in limbo. Placed 2nd in debut race but has not shown much enthusiasm for racing. Will do a workout on turf this week to see if she's amenable.
Moonlight D'oro (Medaglia d'oro x Venetian Sonata) Trained by Richard Mandella. Last Race: Las Virgenes. Currently re-starting training off-site-may return to Santa Anita end of summer.
Shared Empire (Pioneerof the Nile x Sapucai from family of Weekend Surprise) Trained by Tom Amoss. Unraced-Currently working toward first start-no time frame stated.

Kanthari (Kantharos x Ari the Adventurer) Currently on a 90 day off due to bone bruising following sale
Last edited by Honor Code on Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slewfan2

Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:49 pm

I’m not an owner, but I’ve been following this filly in another board via another owner.

Above Suspicion, who Mandella is very high on and who has regularly outworked a couple of the fillies listed in Brad Free’s Del Mar babies report, is in limbo. She came out if her work last week essentially body sore, so Mandella has eased up on her training. She’s supposed to be the absolute goods.
Honor Code

Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:01 pm

Other horses:

Above Suspicion (Honor Code x Exonerated): Trained by Richard Mandella. Currently "eased off training" due to soreness in back, hip and stifles.

Dolce Notte (Bernardini x Midnight Sweetie) Sent to farm due to knee chip.

Laforgia (Into Mischief x Lost Empire) Trained by Richard Mandella. Currently has sore shins and sent to farm. Spendthrift was pretty high on this one, and named him after someone themselves.

Forbidden Kingdom (American Pharoah x Just Louise) Trained by Richard Mandella. Working toward first start, doing well per updates

Man Among Men (War Front x Key to my Heart): Trained by Richard Mandella. Scheduled for debut race at Del Mar 7/29
Honor Code

Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:34 pm

Frosted Oats (Frosted x More Oats Please) Trained by Bill Mott. Entered for debut race 7/15 (R2) at Saratoga

Got Stormy: (Get Stormy x Super Phoebe) Trained by Mark Casse. Working toward next start. Finished 5th in Jaipur last out.

His Glory (Mineshaft x Glorious Sky) Trained by Joe Sharp. Last out 5th in Caesar's Wish stakes. Working toward next start.

Monomoy Girl (Tapizar x Drumette) Trained by Brad Cox. After 2nd in Apple Blossom, she is out with "minor issue". Expected back for fall campaign.

Provocateur (Into Mischief x Cayala) Trained by Todd Pletcher. Will ship to Pletcher following resolution of sore shins

Tizamagician (Tiznow x Magic Union) Trained by Richard Mandella. Entered in Cougar II. Last out was 2nd in Brooklyn Invitational.

Other horses with no updates: Sacred Beauty, Inalattetrouble, Quantum Theory, Altea and Bohemian Bourbon.
Arrogate1

Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:16 pm

Inalattetrouble is at Silver Spring for R&R per email sent to the ownership group on 7/13/2021 and is expected to return to training in two weeks.
stark

Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:50 am

I hope some of you have figured out a way to join in a winners circle celebration?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
WheresMyWhite

Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:26 am

stark wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:50 am I hope some of you have figured out a way to join in a winners circle celebration?
It isn't a matter of 'figure out a way'. MRH plans for this. For bigger races, they hold owner lotteries for spots in the paddock or winner's circle. I believe it depends on the race and the track.

We are also not allowed at the track barn areas as we are not owners.

But, MRH takes care of us IMO. Plenty of updates, watch parties on their web page (well, not Saratoga races ...), interviews with jockeys and trainers, lots of videos of all aspects... eating in their stalls, napping, baths after works, the actual workouts. I've never felt that MRH was a 'take my money now leave me alone' setup :)
Honor Code

Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:31 am

Cynicism aside, this is as close as most of us will ever get to owning a racehorse. And yes we can go and stand in the winners circle and all that.

And yes, we do know our odds of making money is solidly against us.

Upcoming races for MyRacehorse this week via their Facebook page:

Frosted Oats: Saratoga Race 2 today
Going to Vegas: Del Mar 7/16
American Heiress: Monmouth 7/17
Mo Mischief: Monmouth 7/17
Tizamagician: Del Mar 7/18
Modern Renaissance

Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:55 pm

I don't know why so many hardened gamblers shit on MRH so much. I spoke to one at length the other day about this. I personally wouldn't invest in MRH unless the networking opportunity got better, but man, gambling has always seemed like actively passing money away to me. But if people like it and have fun so what?

The good news is we can all do whatever we would like with our money.
stark

Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:04 pm

I was a 10%er in a few horses about ten years ago with a group on the west coast called Class Racing Stable.

Without a doubt some of my best lifetime memories, from feeding carrots, to the winners circle, to the breeding shed, and the occasional cashiers line.

Enjoy every minute whatever level you're in at.

Life is good.

https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Resul ... 535&rbt=TB
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
WheresMyWhite

Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:14 pm

Modern Renaissance wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:55 pm I don't know why so many hardened gamblers shit on MRH so much. I spoke to one at length the other day about this. I personally wouldn't invest in MRH unless the networking opportunity got better, but man, gambling has always seemed like actively passing money away to me. But if people like it and have fun so what?

The good news is we can all do whatever we would like with our money.
IMO, MRH isn't an opportunity targeted at the gambler. It's an opportunity to participate in 'owning' a racehorse. I knew I wasn't going to make money. But it is so fun to 'own' part of a horse and watch it run down the lane and challenge for the win. I've also learned so much about the 'backend' of racing... what actually takes place to get a yearling from KEESEP to the starting gate. What happens to a OBS 2YO under tack once they're purchased (I had no idea how little those youngsters knew).

I have no desire to bet on any of the horses I 'own'. My ownership is the excitement :)
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:14 pm

Upcoming races for MyRacehorse this week via their Facebook page:
Frosted Oats: Saratoga Race 2 today

Last, unfortunately.
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:10 pm

Going to Vegas: Del Mar 7/16

Going To Vegas romped in the 3rd at Del Mar, a 1 1/8-mi AOC for fillies & mares 3yo+up on the turf. She won SO easy. :D
Stakes next?
WheresMyWhite

Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:53 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:10 pm Going to Vegas: Del Mar 7/16

Going To Vegas romped in the 3rd at Del Mar, a 1 1/8-mi AOC for fillies & mares 3yo+up on the turf. She won SO easy. :D
Stakes next?
She already has a number of graded stakes placings, all at either Santa Anita or Del Mar :)

Santa Ana Stakes, G3, 1st
American Oaks, G1, 2nd
Red Carpet Handicap, G3, 2nd
Autumn Miss Stakes, G3, 2nd

I think a G1 and aim for a win :)
Honor Code

Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:48 pm

Mo Mischief: 2nd
Tizamagician: Won Cougar II
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:52 pm

Tizamagician is a gorgeous horse, and I was pleased to learn the Tiznow 4yo is still an entire.
I know the market for dirt stallions who love to run 12 furlongs is limited now...but it shouldn't be. :P
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -cougar-ii
Missbeholder

Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:14 am

Tizamagician wanted no part of stopping after the race, either. I couldn't exactly tell where they were on the track, but Flavien was having a hell of a time pulling him up! And then he was still really on his toes after being unsaddled and led back to the tunnel. He just looked like he was ready to go around again!😁

Also, this was the first time I really was paying attention enough to get a good look close up at the MyRaceHorse silks. They're actually really nice, I think. That white horsehead logo is very pretty! My own opinion, of course!!
BaroqueAgain1

Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:41 am

Pretty handsome silks, from what I can see in the Bloodhorse photo, and really look good on top of a nearly-black horse. 8-)
WheresMyWhite

Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:33 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:52 pm Tizamagician is a gorgeous horse, and I was pleased to learn the Tiznow 4yo is still an entire.
I know the market for dirt stallions who love to run 12 furlongs is limited now...but it shouldn't be. :P
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -cougar-ii
During the race coverage of the Cougar II yesterday on TVG they were talking about Tizamagician and his love of the long dirt races. Someone commented that one doesn't usually go to Keeneland looking for a 1 1/2 dirt miler. :lol:

I also noticed Tizamagician was a handful on the gallop out and still on his toes going back to the barn.

I'm 'meh' on the black and white silks of MRH. I like the logo but not so fond of the B&W.
Honor Code

Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:03 am

"Ride" with Tizmagician as he won the Cougar II. Great video-Tizmagician clearly loves his job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez0JFtXura8