My Racehorse Entries/Results

Honor Code

Sat May 04, 2024 4:59 pm

I’m not gonna lie. I’m shocked he won. Pleasantly surprised, of course. But shocked nonetheless. :D

His Facebook owners group is cheering-and of course, suddenly the jockey bashing has receded! Off this win, a bunch are going to buy the new offering.

Caldera (Liam’s Map x Send Me On My Way)-family of Flightline
BaroqueAgain1

Sat May 04, 2024 5:02 pm

Pioneer Prince (Pioneerof the Nile) continues a good day for MRH by winning the 3rd at Santa Anita, a 6-furlong SOC on the turf.
CoronadosQuest

Sat May 04, 2024 5:03 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:02 pm Pioneer Prince (Pioneerof the Nile) continues a good day for MRH by winning the 3rd at Santa Anita, a 6-furlong SOC on the turf.
Wait I thought he was 2nd? Did the winner get DQed?
CoronadosQuest

Sat May 04, 2024 5:05 pm

Seize the Grey wins Pat Day Mile, punches ticket to Preakness

https://www.drf.com/news/seize-grey-win ... -preakness
After dueling between horses early on Seize the Grey, Torres let his horse drop back a couple of lengths entering the far turn, before re-rallying and splitting horses to win by 1 1/4 lengths. Nash, the 5-2 favorite, got second by a head over Vlahos, who nosed out Who Dey for third.

“My coaching came out,” Lukas said. “He responded very well and rode a real smart race.”

Said Torres: “I was thinking about him the whole race.”

It was the third win from nine starts for Seize the Grey, who is owned by the micro-partnership group MyRacehorse. The horse hadn’t finished galloping out yet when a representative from MyRacehorse yelled out “We’re going to the Preakness.”

“With 600 owners you’d have a hard time saying no,” Lukas said.
TapitsGal

Sat May 04, 2024 5:40 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:05 pm Seize the Grey wins Pat Day Mile, punches ticket to Preakness

https://www.drf.com/news/seize-grey-win ... -preakness
After dueling between horses early on Seize the Grey, Torres let his horse drop back a couple of lengths entering the far turn, before re-rallying and splitting horses to win by 1 1/4 lengths. Nash, the 5-2 favorite, got second by a head over Vlahos, who nosed out Who Dey for third.

“My coaching came out,” Lukas said. “He responded very well and rode a real smart race.”

Said Torres: “I was thinking about him the whole race.”

It was the third win from nine starts for Seize the Grey, who is owned by the micro-partnership group MyRacehorse. The horse hadn’t finished galloping out yet when a representative from MyRacehorse yelled out “We’re going to the Preakness.”

“With 600 owners you’d have a hard time saying no,” Lukas said.
I think that's lukas talk..I've seen quite a few people on the seize the Grey page including myself say to skip the Preakness. The turnaround is too quick. Didn't we learn that lesson in the bluegrass?
Flanders

Sat May 04, 2024 5:44 pm

That win signed StG up for all the G1s the rest of the year. Preakness, Belmont, Haskell, Travers, PA Derby, BC Classic. And he might try to throw in an extra race or two.
Squeaky

Sat May 04, 2024 5:53 pm

Flanders wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:44 pm That win signed StG up for all the G1s the rest of the year. Preakness, Belmont, Haskell, Travers, PA Derby, BC Classic. And he might try to throw in an extra race or two.
Ugh -Grey is not a big robust horse -I hope he holds together the rest of the year. Agree no matter how he runs he will dance every dance with the Coach who needs to take the horse’s best interest in mind, not just what 600+ MRH owners want.
BaroqueAgain1

Sat May 04, 2024 5:57 pm

"Wait I thought he was 2nd? Did the winner get DQed?"

Oops. :oops: He was 2nd. I thought he won, but I posted too soon.
CoronadosQuest

Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:57 pm "Wait I thought he was 2nd? Did the winner get DQed?"

Oops. :oops: He was 2nd. I thought he won, but I posted too soon.
I flipped it back to CD right after they crossed the wire so I thought I missed something :lol:
TapitsGal

Sat May 04, 2024 6:42 pm

Squeaky wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:53 pm
Flanders wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:44 pm That win signed StG up for all the G1s the rest of the year. Preakness, Belmont, Haskell, Travers, PA Derby, BC Classic. And he might try to throw in an extra race or two.
Ugh -Grey is not a big robust horse -I hope he holds together the rest of the year. Agree no matter how he runs he will dance every dance with the Coach who needs to take the horse’s best interest in mind, not just what 600+ MRH owners want.
If the coach read the seize the Grey group currently..lots of people are saying to bypass the Preakness give him more time and run him at Saratoga in the Belmont. Someone said Grey going to the Preakness will depend on how well just steel runs. I've seen people say if lukas didn’t have just steel, Grey wouldn't have gone to the pat day
Squeaky

Sat May 04, 2024 6:48 pm

TapitsGal wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:42 pm
If the coach read the seize the Grey group currently..lots of people are saying to bypass the Preakness give him more time and run him at Saratoga in the Belmont. Someone said Grey going to the Preakness will depend on how well just steel runs. I've seen people say if lukas didn’t have just steel, Grey wouldn't have gone to the pat day
Hopefully he has a tech savvy assistant to let him know what the owners are saying. I am glad to hear not everyone wants to race again in 2 weeks. I love this horse even though I am not a part of MRH-just want what’s best for the horse as you do 😊
CoronadosQuest

Sat May 04, 2024 8:10 pm

Squeaky wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:48 pm
TapitsGal wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:42 pm

Hopefully he has a tech savvy assistant to let him know what the owners are saying. I am glad to hear not everyone wants to race again in 2 weeks. I love this horse even though I am not a part of MRH-just want what’s best for the horse as you do 😊
I truly don't think they really care what we say :lol:
ForTheThrill

Sat May 04, 2024 10:20 pm

Honestly, I hope he stays out of the big dances and finds other races instead. The Steve Sexton Mile or Texas Derby are both attractive spots (though it looks like nominations closed today, so I doubt it) or maybe the Matt Winn? Then just let him play around in the various state derbies. It would make a fun summer/fall before (maybe) the Dirt Mile (MAYBE).
Diver52

Sun May 05, 2024 1:14 am

Pioneer Prince was indeed second, no threat to the winner but ran well down the stretch to hold (or regain?) second. After Hero Status won the second race, I figured we couldn't hope for 2 in a row, but I was happy enough. The ultimate equipment change and a drop in class has made him a competitive racehorse.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
TapitsGal

Tue May 07, 2024 2:27 am

Diver52 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:14 am Pioneer Prince was indeed second, no threat to the winner but ran well down the stretch to hold (or regain?) second. After Hero Status won the second race, I figured we couldn't hope for 2 in a row, but I was happy enough. The ultimate equipment change and a drop in class has made him a competitive racehorse.
Phantom Ride was 9th or 10th also
CoronadosQuest

Tue May 07, 2024 12:42 pm

Man Among Men won his last race with MRH on Sunday, and now he will be sold at auction.
Tessablue

Tue May 07, 2024 2:49 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:42 pm Man Among Men won his last race with MRH on Sunday, and now he will be sold at auction.
Oh geeze, I'm old enough to remember Man Among Men beating Empire Maker 20 years ago...
CoronadosQuest

Tue May 07, 2024 3:25 pm

Tessablue wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:49 pm
CoronadosQuest wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:42 pm Man Among Men won his last race with MRH on Sunday, and now he will be sold at auction.
Oh geeze, I'm old enough to remember Man Among Men beating Empire Maker 20 years ago...
Not quite the same one heh but he IS well bred! He is sired by War Front and out of a daughter of G1W AZ Warrior
Missbeholder

Tue May 07, 2024 3:37 pm

Tessablue wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:49 pm
Me too, Tessablue! I was thinking about that on Sunday watching the current version winning his race. And I think that the older edition that we're remembering was also trained by a Mandella, but I think it was Richard's "little" kid Gary......who's about 6'4" or 6'5"!🤭
TapitsGal

Tue May 07, 2024 5:01 pm

This happened on another mrh group(not one of the owners groups but a fan run one). You bring up the fact that seize the Grey has done his best running with four weeks in between races and he likes Saratoga which are all reasons to SKIP the Preakness. And that mrh is partnered with 1st racing so they'd be running him in the Preakness as a marketing stunt and realistically know the horse won't win. Some lady went off the deep end and was like soo you're saying mrh AND lukas are uncaring and abusive? Are you a trainer? If not trust the trainer!! It's like woah..that's out of left field! Since when is pointing out simple facts accusing ANYONE of abuse??? Last I checked its not