Bezos

Flanders

Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:03 am

Tessablue wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:47 pm
Flanders wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:34 pm So I've tried figuring out who it is. They also own a mare named Amity Island. Both these were previously owned by Mahendra Kallap before the owner name was switched to Bezos Stable, LLC. The trainer stayed the same when the owner named changed. But they've gone through numerous trainers since then, so idk if it is that person. These are the only 2 horses that Bezos Stables and Mahendra Kallap have owned. They have raced the mare a couple time in straight claimers but most of the time its AOCs without a tag, she is usually in way over her head too.
Good catch... so strange. I thought it might be someone who just really doesn't want their horses claimed, but why run her in claimers and then AOCs without a tag? Would love to know what the heck the story is there.
Also think you are spot on about Eddie and Randi. I looked at Eddie's few starters in 2023 and his only winner was transferred to Randi the next race (ownership remained the same). I did see that Eddie had an almost 2 year suspension in PA from Oct. 2005 to July 2007 but it said something like "for not meeting with a special investigator" or something like that. There wasn't an article it was just on thoroughbredrulings.com. Once he finally met with the special investigator and gave the required paperwork his license was restored. He just had a couple minor violations besides that, one for not racing a horse that was entered and another for being late to the receiving barn with a horse, necessitating a scratch.
brunanas

Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:32 pm

Bezos has been scratched by the stewards from today's race.
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
Squeaky

Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm

brunanas wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:32 pm Bezos has been scratched by the stewards from today's race.
Ugh. He really needs to be retired to a second career or at least to a nice safe pasture. How much would it take?
Flanders

Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:28 pm

Squeaky wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm
brunanas wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:32 pm Bezos has been scratched by the stewards from today's race.
Ugh. He really needs to be retired to a second career or at least to a nice safe pasture. How much would it take?
I'm not a fan of seeing a horse thrown into races over their head over and over. But let's look at it from maybe the only positive angle. They aren't even willing to put him in a claimer. To me that means they have placed a high value on him. If he has value to them, then maybe they wont send him to a low level track to run in claimers. Which is where he'd be with a lot of owners.
Curtis

Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:42 pm

Squeaky wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm
You guys buy him, geld him and haul him to Western Washington and I’ll feed and clean up after him for the duration. You guys’ll be getting a bargain. Motorized four wheeled vehicles aren’t always able to get around here come winter time. Maybe we can get him primed to pull a cart and make Amazon deliveries. Seriously though, I think Flanders makes a lot of sense. I see him standing in a small, regional market. Let’s just hope the plug is pulled a race too early.
brunanas

Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:49 pm

honestly if i lived in the US and had the financials to make an offer, i'd gladly have him as an ottb. i love his looks and i feel he could possibly make me a good dressage prospect.
she/her
brunanas

Sun May 19, 2024 7:37 pm

Bezos was off the work tab for a few weeks after the scratch and only worked 1x (May 4th) and is gone again. i hope no news is good news. idk what caused the scratch and why he was off the worktab for a while after it, he wasn't vet listed...
she/her