Bill To Stop Soring Passes in House of Representatives

BaroqueAgain1

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:24 pm

U.S. House Passes Bill To Stop The Practice Of Soring In Horses
Today, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the U.S. Senator Joseph D. Tydings Memorial Prevent All Soring Tactics (PAST) Act by a vote of 333 to 96. The measure seeks to strengthen the Horse Protection Act and end the torturous, painful practice of soring Tennessee Walking, Racking, and Spotted Saddle Horses. The intentional infliction of pain to horses' front limbs by applying caustic chemicals such as mustard oil or kerosene or inserting sharp objects into the horses' hooves to create an exaggerated gait known as the “Big Lick,” soring has plagued the equine world for six decades.
Read more: https://www.paulickreport.com/horse-car ... in-horses/

Now we have to wait to see if the Senate will pass this...or if the Republican inclination to resist to anything the Democratic House wants blocks it. I hope the Republicans helping to put the bill through have enough allies to prevent that.
Toward the end of the article is this:
The PAST Act has been blocked for years by a handful of well-placed lawmakers, but a new House rule triggering consideration of any measure that attracts 290 or more cosponsors brought the issue to the floor.
I'd like to know the names of those 'well-placed' a--holes. :evil:
DawnStorm

Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:45 pm

Trust me, I'm all for this, but good luck enforcing it. I'd like to see it done on the handlers but there is the Eighth Amendment to consider.

On what planet is "the Big Lick" considered pretty?? It looks cartoonish to me.
What is a mere individual to do? Live as sane and decent a life as you can, love your family and friends and understand that everybody is in this together.
--Ron Smith aka The Voice of Reason