Bear Witness

Ballerina

Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:58 am

Son of Lady's Secret and grandson of Secretariat. Rescued from kill auction.

https://www.gofundme.com/p75fnfa5
BaroqueAgain1

Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:58 pm

How the hell did a son of Lady's Secret (and I presume that the sire was notable, because I don't think LS ever went to any but the best stallions) end up in that condition? :evil:
If only he could tell us his story.
BlindLucky

Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:27 pm

He's by Skip Away. He was gelded at some point, he raced 16 times in MSW races with his best finish a 4th place effort. He was bred, owned, and trained by John Glenney throughout. Who knows how he ended up where he did, since Glenney never once even dropped him into a maiden claimer :(
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
RuffiantoRags

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:57 pm

Such a sad story for this horse. I hope he can recover and be placed at Old Friends in similar fashion as Grand Reward. I wish I could help.
Izvestia

Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:29 pm

someone posted on Pedigree Query that he has passed away today. Very sad if it's true. NO horse should end up like that.
Ballerina

Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:41 pm

Just got this off FACEBOOK. Damn!

‎Sisi Laurer‎ to Celebrities for Lady's Secret

It is with a heavy heart to announce the passing of Bear Witness. We tried everything in our power to get him well, and get support from where we could. There were talks discussing to try and get him to a warmer climate for the winter-or even sooner, and we offered to arrange that, as soon as we were given the word. We are shocked and saddened beyond words of hearing of his passing. There are no words that can be said that can take the pain we feel to know he is no longer with us.

There may be solace in knowing that he is with his Mother, Father, and Grandfather now....and extended royal family. Things happen for a reason, but I can't imagine what that reason is right now... Thank you all who cared, and followed Bear Witness... Lady's Secret, we tried everything we could....everything in our power..... He is with you now... cry emoticon
---Celebrities for Lady's Secret
Catalina

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:08 pm

RIP Bear Witness, wish that you had been found quicker, that it would have been in time to get you well.
serenassong

Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:43 pm

At least he went with love, shelter, and a full belly. Sometimes, that is the best we can do.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars