Interesting Horses for Adoption

Acadiana

Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:02 pm

BlindLucky wrote:Here you go, people. Your chance to own a $2 million horse! I cannot even comprehend this sort of financial loss, but... this guy sold for $100k as a weanling, $115k as a yearling, and $1.8 million to Stonestreet at the '13 OBS 2-yr-old in training sale. Um, wow. He only had two starts, but had some breathing problems and sounds like he had some setbacks so they just decided to retire him. Anyway...

Pacific, 2011 gelding (Smart Strike x Mini Sermon, by Pulpit) is available for adoption via New Vocations: http://www.newvocations.org/horseprofiles/pacific/

His dam was a G2 winner and the rest of his female family was bred by Edward P. Evans for generations, and includes some really, really nice mares straight back to Gallorette.

Anyone know where he ended up? I worked with him as a yearling and he was a teddy bear! Bad stifles though, so I'm not entirely surprised racing didn't work out but hoping he has a great forever home!
Life At Zen

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:37 pm

Recently retired Strike A Balance (Smart Strike X Balance) was adopted through Second Stride.
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Izvestia

Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:52 am

Life At Zen wrote:Recently retired Strike A Balance (Smart Strike X Balance) was adopted through Second Stride.
15.2 hands, very small boy! I think he must have gone fast because of his pedigree.
Life At Zen

Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:21 pm

Izvestia wrote:
Life At Zen wrote:Recently retired Strike A Balance (Smart Strike X Balance) was adopted through Second Stride.
15.2 hands, very small boy! I think he must have gone fast because of his pedigree.
Being that closely related to Zenyatta, he probably could've been 12 hands and still been snatched up as fast as he was ;)
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Izvestia

Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:58 am

One Brave Warrior, out of SW Dream About.
He IS cute!

http://www.horseadoption.com/horseprofi ... warrior-2/
Sparrow Castle

Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:19 pm

Donna Keen ‏@donnakeen
Retired multiple stake winner Power Surge is available for adoption @RememberMeOTTB
Izvestia

Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:06 am

2-time GSP Scotland is up for adoption at New Vocations. I wish I wasn't in grad school because he is perfect for my collection and would replace my now fully retired 17-year-old OTTB - 5 years old, 16.1 1/2, sound for flat riding only, and of course a chestnut....and $500 gets you this nice horse.

http://www.newvocations.org/horseprofiles/scotland/
Sparrow Castle

Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:09 pm

Wanted to post this somewhere. He looks good in his prep for a new job. Hope he passes with flying colors!

Stonestreet Farms
Always great to catch up with a retired ‪#‎burgundyboy‬
Majestic Cause is in training at the Fort Lauderdale Mounted Police Department and getting used to the obstacles he will encounter patrolling the streets and beaches. Hopes are that he will be ready for the final exam in 90 days, which includes having his officer shoot blanks while in the saddle!
Majestic Cause won at Gulfstream Park, and retired with earnings of $53,000. He worked the bullet at the Keeneland April Sale a few years back so will be well suited to pursuit!
‪#‎pastthepost‬ ‪#‎mountedlife‬ New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program FLPD
BlindLucky

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:14 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Wanted to post this somewhere. He looks good in his prep for a new job. Hope he passes with flying colors!

Stonestreet Farms
Majestic Cause is in training at the Fort Lauderdale Mounted Police Department and getting used to the obstacles he will encounter patrolling the streets and beaches. Hopes are that he will be ready for the final exam in 90 days, which includes having his officer shoot blanks while in the saddle!
Majestic Cause won at Gulfstream Park, and retired with earnings of $53,000. He worked the bullet at the Keeneland April Sale a few years back so will be well suited to pursuit!
He'll be one of the more expensive things on the force. He was a $700k 2-yr-old in training!
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Sparrow Castle

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:30 pm

BlindLucky wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:Wanted to post this somewhere. He looks good in his prep for a new job. Hope he passes with flying colors!

Stonestreet Farms
He'll be one of the more expensive things on the force. He was a $700k 2-yr-old in training!
Amazing isn't it. Can't imagine risking that much, but then our horses don't compare to Stonestreet's. We have fun with them anyway, and just glad to get them good homes when the time comes.
Insane Crazy

Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:41 pm

Stonestreet Farms
‪#‎pastthepost‬ ‪#‎mountedlife‬ New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program FLPD[/img]
He looks like he's doing a great job.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
BlindLucky

Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:07 pm

Misconnect (Unbridled's Song x Summer Raven) is a 5-yr-old gelding available from New Vocations: http://www.newvocations.org/horseprofiles/misconnect/

He's a Grade 3 winner and a full brother to Winslow Homer and a half to Grade 2 winner Lewis Bay. His dam was a Grade 3 winner herself, and his 2nd dam is a half to Wild Rush.

BaroqueAgain1

Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:17 pm

He's a pretty boy, and with that pedigree, I suspect that he cost a pretty penny if he ever went through an auction.
Sparrow Castle

Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:21 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:He's a pretty boy, and with that pedigree, I suspect that he cost a pretty penny if he ever went through an auction.
He sold at the KEEAPR 2013 two-year olds in training sale for $180,000 to Mike Repole. He's gorgeous!
Izvestia

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:10 pm

Fancy fancy Misconnect! Nice to see he has been gelded and will be someone's nice riding horse. I am jealous of whomever gets him!!!
BlindLucky

Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Yay!!! If you've watched NY racing at all in the last few years, you've probably heard of this guy...

http://www.horseadoption.com/horseprofi ... tic-raffy/

Majestic Raffy (Raffie's Majesty x Badger Pocket) has been retired after a career of 41-4-8-4, stakes placed and just $51 shy of $300k in earnings. All of his starts came at Belmont, Aqueduct, or Saratoga. He's a full brother to current stakes-placed runner Moneyinyour Pocket, who has made 42 starts so far.

I love hearing what they have to say about him:
Raffy is sweet and friendly and loves to play. He has enjoyed lots of turnout and is great with his pasture mates. He was a very successful race horse and has a “been there, done that” attitude under saddle. This guy is confident and sure of himself in the arena and outside. He takes everything in stride and is happy to hack out alone or in company.

Raffy came to New Vocations via the NYTHA Take The Lead Program. We are very thankful for their support.

BlindLucky

Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:42 pm

Demander (Yes It's True x Bootery) is available from New Vocations: http://www.horseadoption.com/horseprofiles/demander/

This 5-yr-old gelding ran 11 times at 6 different racks and earned $96k. He's a half-brother to millionaire Neck 'n Neck :D

They say he has a "a cute face and a sweet, curious nature... kind of a big goofy guy that gives you the impression he hasn’t quite grown into his large frame yet, but he tries hard at whatever task you give him."

He apparently stands at 17 1/2 hands!

BlindLucky

Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:48 pm

And he's already adopted, but I always noticed him racing because he was so gorgeous and he had a weird name:
http://www.horseadoption.com/horseprofi ... nd-onions/

Sliver and Onions (I hope they leave these pics up for awhile, because he's GORGEOUSSSSS):

BaroqueAgain1

Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:54 pm

He really is attractive. If his mane, tail and legs stay black as his body becomes lighter? Wow. And those big, dark eyes!
A silver charger with black mane and tail would turn heads in any arena.
Izvestia

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:50 pm

I love Majestic Raffy, he is a very good looking horse. I love the way he's built, such a lovely neck and bright eye.