Hard Spun Foals

Happy Endings

Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Hard Spun has 13 runners today, including one stakes runner (My Lady Lauren); 6 runners tomorrow, including one stakes runner (I Earned It Baby); and 1 runner on Monday, a stakes runner (Vegas No Show). So it's a busy few days.

My Lady Lauren is entered in the Judy's Red Shoes Stakes at Calder today.
I Earned It Baby is entered in the Barrett's Juvenile Stakes at Fairplex tomorrow. This will just be his second start. He won his debut last month.
Vegas No Show is entered in the Ricci Tavi Stakes at Delaware Park on Monday.
I found my sneakers!
Happy Endings

Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:55 pm

Royal Hard Spun won race 6 at Monmouth Park today. His first win in 10 tries and he won by over 3 lengths.

Big John B was second in race 9 at Monmouth.
I found my sneakers!
Happy Endings

Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:57 pm

Messy Barrett's Juvenile Stakes. I Earned It Baby pushed wide by Hi Fashioned on 1st turn and lost position, then came back and dueled with Hi Fashioned and bumped a number of times with that one down the lane. There is an inquiry. Finish stands, so I Earned It Baby stays second. That contact on the first turn threw IEIB off his proper lead and made him lose several lengths. He made it up on the back stretch, but I have to wonder how much that regrouping took out of him. I think there should have been a DQ, but nobody asked me...

Great effort for IEIB, regardless. He looks like a very good one.
I found my sneakers!
Lava Man Fan

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:03 am

Spider Web second at Kilmore in Australia.
PJMIII

Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:23 pm

Happy Endings wrote:Messy Barrett's Juvenile Stakes. I Earned It Baby pushed wide by Hi Fashioned on 1st turn and lost position, then came back and dueled with Hi Fashioned and bumped a number of times with that one down the lane. There is an inquiry. Finish stands, so I Earned It Baby stays second. That contact on the first turn threw IEIB off his proper lead and made him lose several lengths. He made it up on the back stretch, but I have to wonder how much that regrouping took out of him. I think there should have been a DQ, but nobody asked me...

I just watched the replay. It was a rough race. You could sure make a case for taking the winner down.
Lava Man Fan

Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:59 pm

Here are upcoming races

17 September 2013

Racecourse Time Race Distance Horse Result
CHEPSTOW
(GB) 14:50 Maiden 3yo+
7f 16y Favourite Treat (USA)
3 G Hard Spun (USA) /
Truart (USA) (Yes It's True (USA))
SUFFOLK DOWNS
(USA) 15:40 CLM
3 yo's & up Open 5 1/2F Francesco Spun (USA)
4 G Hard Spun (USA) /
My Alibi (Sheikh Albadou (GB))
18 September 2013

BENDIGO
(AUS) 13:25 Maiden 3yo+
1100m Sheik of Tweak (AUS)
4 G Hard Spun (USA) /
Mighty Indeed (AUS) (Rancho Ruler (AUS))
16:20 Handicap
1000m Hard Romp (AUS)
4 G Hard Spun (USA) /
Romalpa (AUS) (Last Tycoon)
DELAWARE PARK
(USA) 14:45 CLM
3 yo's & up F & M (fillies and mares) 1 1/16M The Tea Cups (USA)
3 F Hard Spun (USA) /
Lunar Colony (A.P. Indy)
MORPHETTVILLE PARKS
(AUS) 17:00 Handicap 4yo+
1550m Jenner (AUS)
4 G Hard Spun (USA) /
After Me (AUS) (Squill (USA))
YARMOUTH
(GB) 15:10 John Musker Fillies' S (Listed)
3yo plus F 1m 2f 21y Jabhaat (USA)
3 F Hard Spun (USA) /
Ishraak (USA) (Sahm (USA))
19 September 2013

BARRETTS RACE MEET AT FAIRPLEX
(USA) 13:50 MCL
3 yo's & up Open 4F Hard Play (USA)
3 G Hard Spun (USA) /
Zanti (Strawberry Road (AUS))
14:40 MCL
3 yo's & up Open 6F Dani's Birthday (USA)
3 G Hard Spun (USA) /
Val Gardena (CHI) (Roy)
20 September 2013

BELMONT PARK
(USA) 13:05 AOC
3 yo's & up Open 1 1/4M Overwhelming (USA)
3 C Hard Spun (USA) /
Oh What a Windfall (Seeking the Gold)
14:07 Aljamin S.
3 yo Open 6 1/2F Slan Abhaile (USA)
3 C Hard Spun (USA) /
Safe Return (Mr. Prospector)
16:45 Zaftig S.
3 yo F (fillies) 1 mile Ruby Lips (CAN)
3 F Hard Spun (USA) /
Its a Ruby (Rubiano)
Lava Man Fan

Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Vegas No Show wins at Delaware!
Happy Endings

Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:48 pm

PJMIII wrote:
Happy Endings wrote:Messy Barrett's Juvenile Stakes. I Earned It Baby pushed wide by Hi Fashioned on 1st turn and lost position, then came back and dueled with Hi Fashioned and bumped a number of times with that one down the lane. There is an inquiry. Finish stands, so I Earned It Baby stays second. That contact on the first turn threw IEIB off his proper lead and made him lose several lengths. He made it up on the back stretch, but I have to wonder how much that regrouping took out of him. I think there should have been a DQ, but nobody asked me...

I just watched the replay. It was a rough race. You could sure make a case for taking the winner down.
I was really amazed that he stayed on his feet on that first turn. He really got knocked out of his stride. If he hadn't lost 3 or 4 lengths on that turn, I think he would have won. But, I feel like we'll see some more good races from him. That was only his second start. He seems like a fighter. He had a troubled trip in his debut, too. I look forward to seeing him get a clean trip one of these days...then we'll see.
I found my sneakers!
Lava Man Fan

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:44 am

Here is an article on Vegas' win yesterday

http://www.darleyamerica.com/news/vegas ... -puts-show
Happy Endings

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Favourite Treat won a maiden race at Chepstow in GB.
This was his second start. Won by 9 lengths. Impressive.

Race replay: http://www.attheraces.com/card.aspx?rac ... av=results
I found my sneakers!
Happy Endings

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:33 pm

Two stakes entries coming up this week, both at Belmont Park on Friday. Ruby Lips returns from an 8-month break and goes in the Zaftig Stakes and Slan Abhaile goes in the Aljamin Stakes.

I decided to find out what Slan's name means and found this: "Slán abhaile" is an Irish phrase used to bid goodbye to someone who is travelling home. A literal translation is 'Safe Home', which is used in the same way in Hiberno-English. Slán ("safe") is used in many Irish-language farewell formulas; abhaile means "homeward". (pronounced 'slan a walya' or 'slawn awallya').

Maybe some folks already knew this, but I didn't. I never had guessed the correct pronunciation.
I found my sneakers!
Happy Endings

Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:14 pm

Jenner returned from a 5-month break to win at Morphettville in Australia. He is now 5-3-0-0. Got up just in time after threading through horses.
Jabhaat placed 2nd in the John Musker Fillies' Stakes(Listed) at Yarmouth in GB.
Hard Romp was 2nd at Bendingo in Australia. He is now 10-1-3-1. Had a wider trip than the winner and got caught.

Race replay for Jenner: http://www.theracessa.com.au/show_video ... 8&trial=no

Race replay for Hard Romp: http://www.australianracing.com/pages/replay/9.php
Select Australia A, Sept 17, Race #9

Race replay for Jabhaat: http://www.attheraces.com/card.aspx?rac ... av=results
I found my sneakers!
Lava Man Fan

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:15 pm

Happy Endings wrote:Two stakes entries coming up this week, both at Belmont Park on Friday. Ruby Lips returns from an 8-month break and goes in the Zaftig Stakes and Slan Abhaile goes in the Aljamin Stakes.

I decided to find out what Slan's name means and found this: "Slán abhaile" is an Irish phrase used to bid goodbye to someone who is travelling home. A literal translation is 'Safe Home', which is used in the same way in Hiberno-English. Slán ("safe") is used in many Irish-language farewell formulas; abhaile means "homeward". (pronounced 'slan a walya' or 'slawn awallya').

Maybe some folks already knew this, but I didn't. I never had guessed the correct pronunciation.
It should be noted that one of the horses Slan is facing is Shanghai Bobby.
Happy Endings

Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Lava Man Fan wrote:
Happy Endings wrote:Two stakes entries coming up this week, both at Belmont Park on Friday. Ruby Lips returns from an 8-month break and goes in the Zaftig Stakes and Slan Abhaile goes in the Aljamin Stakes.

Oh, yes, that's hard to overlook!! I gulped when I noticed that in the entries.
I found my sneakers!
Lava Man Fan

Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:55 pm

Happy Endings wrote:
Lava Man Fan wrote:

Oh, yes, that's hard to overlook!! I gulped when I noticed that in the entries.
Hopefully he doesn't return to his two year old form. Slan may have been sixth in the KB, but that was a sneaky sixth. Not sure he can win, but we'll see!
Happy Endings

Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Slan second to Bobby only by a head.
I found my sneakers!
Happy Endings

Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:13 pm

Light Burst was 2nd at Wolverhampton in GB.
I found my sneakers!
Lava Man Fan

Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:16 pm

It sounds like he gave Bobby all he could handle.
WarBiscuit

Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:24 pm

Ian Wilkes trained Free As A Bird, is running in the Jazzy Stakes at Belmont next Wednesday (9/25/13).

Jazzy Stakes - 3yo's and up - Purse $100,000 - Seven Furlongs - Race 3 - 2:07 pm - Edgar Prado, up

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
Lava Man Fan

Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:41 pm

Ruby Lips was sixth in the Zafitg.

(Speaking of Zafitg, she went to HS this year and her mom of course went by for a full sib to Zo Impressive)