The War Emblem thread

WarEmblemluvr

Fri May 01, 2015 4:21 pm

I just watched his arrival to the breeding farm....he looks beautiful! It will be such a big change after racing until the age of 10! I sure hope he adjusts well and is happy! It looked very muddy where he arrived. I am sure there will be a lot of nice grass for him somewhere?
tachyon

Sat May 02, 2015 7:17 am

WarEmblemluvr wrote:I just watched his arrival to the breeding farm....he looks beautiful! It will be such a big change after racing until the age of 10! I sure hope he adjusts well and is happy! It looked very muddy where he arrived. I am sure there will be a lot of nice grass for him somewhere?
Yes, of course! ;)

On sunny days, Breeders Stallion Station is like this:
tachyon

Sat May 02, 2015 7:53 am

WarEmblemluvr wrote:I AM SO HAPPY FOR AND PROUD OF CIVIL WAR!!! What a career to retire as a 10 year old with graded wins and racing that many times!!! I am so happy War Emblem has a son at stud! I sure hope he does really well and is a happy guy!!!! :D

I hope Robe Tissage did well and is doing well! Did Akito Crescent race?

Thanks for this awesome news! And what a great mating for Black Emblem! Any news of her offspring?

Any news on War Emblem? STILL miss him!

Thanks again Tachyon!
Akito Crescent, 3yo colt 2 for 2 this year, is slated to run next in the Seiryu Stakes 1600m dirt at Tokyo on May 17.
Robe Tissage was very unlucky in her last time out in the G1 Takamatsunomiya Kinen. She takes some rest now and will be back in the G3 Hakodate Sprint in June.
Bright Emblem, 3yo colt o/o Black Emblem, finished good 4th in the G1 Satsuki Sho. He will run in the G1 Japanese Derby next.
tachyon

Tue May 05, 2015 10:07 pm

Bright Emblem will not run in the Japanese Derby due to quarter crack.
What a shame..
Hope he will recover well!
WarEmblemluvr

Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:39 pm

This was such disappointing news... :( how is he doing?

Any other news?
tachyon

Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:51 am

2015 foals:

colt(JPN) - Workforce(GB) x Ryuto Furu City(JPN) (1/25)
filly(JPN) - Monterosso(GB) x Rintosu(JPN) (2/7)
filly(JPN) - Zenno Rob Roy(JPN) x Sabratha(JPN) (2/7)
filly(JPN) - Smart Falcon(JPN) x Sugino Esperanza(JPN) (2/9)
colt(JPN) - Victoire Pisa(JPN) x Cute Emblem(JPN) (2/20)
colt(JPN) - Deep Brillante(JPN) x Saariselka(JPN) (2/21)
colt(JPN) - Daiwa Major(JPN) x Dream Emblem(JPN) (2/21)
colt(JPN) - Daiwa Major(JPN) x Chocolate Lily(JPN) (2/25)
filly(JPN) - Gold Allure(JPN) x Ventus(JPN) (2/26)
colt(JPN) - Gold Allure(JPN) x Initial W(JPN) (2/27)
filly(JPN) - Nakayama Festa(JPN) x Nishino One(JPN) (2/28)
colt(JPN) - Gold Allure(JPN) x One Side Game(JPN) (3/19)
colt(JPN) - Tosen Monarch(JPN) x Tosen Crest(JPN) (3/24)
filly(JPN) - Orfevre(JPN) x Black Emblem(JPN) (3/30)
colt(JPN) - Kurofune(USA) x Buzz Rolling(JPN) (4/11)
filly(JPN) - Workforce(GB) x Be Fit Wat(JPN) (5/28)
Last edited by tachyon on Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WarEmblemluvr

Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:21 pm

How exciting it will be to see how these foals do on the racetrack! :) Of course if you have an pictures of these foals please post! How are Black Emblem's other foals doing? Is Bright Emblem still healing? Did War Emblem breed at all this year? Have they ever brought his favorite mare back to him? Is Robe Tissage still racing?
tachyon

Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:06 am

Hi WarEmblemluvr, I've come across some new picks of War Emblem (in 2015)!! :D

Colonel John

Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:08 pm

Oh he looks lovely as always. Thank you for posting these pics, tachyon!
The artist formerly known as The Colonel.
tachyon

Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:13 am

You are welcome, Colonel John. :D

And I guess you will love watching his 3yo colt winning like this (haha!);

-- replay of Chukyo 12R 1800m dirt allowance on July 18th 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMiy0wjxCnQ
1st: (#13) All Blush(JPN) 2012C. War Emblem(USA) x Blushing Princess(USA) by Crafty Prospector(USA)
http://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001153481/
9-2-0-2
Colonel John

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:33 pm

And he wins in true War Emblem fashion. I like! :D
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:35 pm

Did War Emblem successfully breed any mares this year?
tachyon

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:47 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Did War Emblem successfully breed any mares this year?
I don't know yet...
We will know it in September when Shadai releases the number of mares covered by their stallions.
I'm always waiting for a 'positive surprise'.......
BaroqueAgain1

Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:11 pm

This is a bit of a surprise...War Emblem is returning to the States to reside at Old Friends. :o
http://bloodstock.racingpost.com/news/b ... 19770/top/
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/blood ... d-friends/
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -september

According to the article, "War Emblem has refused to cover any mares for the last few seasons. Japan Stud Book records show the stallion has not had any registered offspring since 2012, when 13 foals were registered."
It's really too bad that he was so performance-challenged, since his offspring were such high quality.
With both Silver Charm and War Emblem residing there, it sure would be nice if Old Friends could find the funds to build a nice (and maybe heated?) barn for these senior Derby winners.
tachyon

Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:37 am

Astra Emblem(JPN), 2013C. Daiwa Major(JPN) x Black Emblem(JPN), broke his maiden impressively at second asking going 1600m turf Niigata 1R Aug 2nd 2015.
2-1-1-0.
http://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001172231/
This colt can be something special! Black Emblem (War Emblem) is a wonderful broodmare. :D

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvmu0ksODmY
1st. (#7) Astra Emblem(JPN) 1:34.8
WarEmblemluvr

Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:35 pm

Tachyon, thanks so much for the beautiful pictures of War Emblem and the race videos of All Blush and Astra Emblem! They were both very impressive wins! All Blush really did win impressively on the dirt like War Emblem leading the whole way. And Astra Emblem's win on the grass was quite impressive as well! So glad to see an offspring of Black Emblem - how are her other offspring doing?

What are your feelings on War Emblem coming back to the USA? I placed my comments/feelings on Bloodhorse after the article of his return (used my same username). Of course I am so happy to have him return and it will be a little bit easier to try to go see him now! I just want him to be safe, healthy, and happy and I always thought he was happy having a job. I do hope he enjoys his new home. Regardless of his reputation, when I saw him in person, I believed he loved attention and relished the spotlight. I hope he gets lots of love and attention. I am however bummed that there will be no more War Emblem offspring and so far none at all in the USA. I have truly enjoyed following all of his offspring in Japan and I sure hope you continue to post about them Tachyon! Thank you so so much! I had always planned on visiting Japan some day to try to see War Emblem and possibly one of his offspring race. That trip was going to be delayed by the birth of my daughter (she is a year old now!) but I truly kept faith that I would try to make that trip happen some day.

I feel like once they stopped sending Click Here to War Emblem (his favorite mare by Sunday Silence), that he said well, that's the end of that for me. :(

Too bad he can not be tried for breeding in the USA at some point. Perhaps some day someone will bring one of his offspring/descendents here/buy one and bring them here. Could be a race prospect or broodmare, etc.. Just can't be sure if this will happen unfortunately. I wish I had the money to do so!

In the meantime I wish/pray War Emblem a safe trip back and happy home and hope that things go well for him and hope to see him soon!

Let me know your thoughts Tachyon.
tachyon

Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:27 am

Hi WarEmblemluvr,

I do think that this is great news. :D
Shadai is not a bad place.
But I do believe that Old Friends is going to be the best place for him. :D
As a minor follower of War Emblem (I must be one of the very few Japanese who saw him in person while in the US, though.... haha!), I'm so glad that he will be able to see huge US fans who truly loved him and continue to love him.
Horseracing is a global sport.
And War Emblem, with his race record & stallion quality as well as his unique character, was much more popular here than one could have imagined. Yes, his unique character was also very much loved by Japanese racing fans.
But it's always great to see horses return to his/her home country after his/her retirement.
Everyone here wishes him a happy retirement and a safe trip to the US!! :D

I read your posts on bloodhorse, WarEmblemluvr.
I always knew how much you loved War Emblem (of course!!).
But, as someone put it, your comments are ''post(s) of undeniable love and sweet honesty - and quite a pleasure to read'', again!! :D :D :D
And I agree with your comments, especially when you said ''He certainly chose wisely and put his all into the offspring he has''.
It's been a lot of fun following his offspring in Japan, too.

I still don't know when exactly War Emblem leaves Japan.

In the meantime, I've come across another picks of War Emblem that were taken by ''Peetaro'' who visited War Emblem this winter and shared picks earlier in his blog.

Colonel John

Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:46 am

I'm such a sucker for handsome black horses like him and Sunday Silence. He looks so lovely especially against all that white snow.
WarEmblemluvr

Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:21 pm

Tachyon, your post actually made me cry! I mean good emotional tears. Your words were so kind. Thank you so much for your kindness! Without you, I/we would not have known much of what was going on with War Emblem or his offspring in Japan...thank you again so much! I hope you continue to tell us about his offspring there. I guess WE will never meet Click Here again. :( How sad. I am so glad WE was popular in Japan. Too bad it didn't seem that the general public had easy access to him? Will they be sad to see him go? I hope by some miracle one of his offspring will make it here to race and/or breed. Again, praying for a safe trip and hoping to see him some day soon! :D

The pictures you posted were awesome! The one looks like he is winking! ;)
tachyon

Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:54 am

I have just come across the most recent pick of War Emblem. :D

at Shadai, Sep 14th 2015

Yusuke Tsutsui, who took care of War Emblem at Shadai, said, ''I've never seen any horse as bright as War Emblem.''